Wednesday 5 August 2015

WOYWW 322 a new craft room and meat

Hello fellow deskers, it's Wednesday again and that means we look over each other's shoulder and see what's on our desks. Julia is 'Head Desker' and all will be explained on her blog http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.com.es/ 

You're here to look at my desk. Come on in and have a look at this:

I have temporarily/provisionally moved into my new craft room! It's nowhere near finished! But DH put together some shelving with blocks, and it's usable.The boxes are really watermelon boxes that i got from the veggie man and DH has made the width of the shelves the same size as the boxes, so I can put all my supplies in different boxes and just get out what i need. Oh craft heaven! It will all have to come down again of course when we finish the room but I'm not going to worry about that yet... 

I'm over the moon! There isn't actually much on my desk as I've just finished two scrapbook pages for my grandson's album, see below. (for his 10th birthday, has to be ready by end September. Eeek!)I have tidied everything away again.

This is the last scrapbook page I did:

I purposely didn't write much journaling. I'm going to ask my grandson (who is nearly ten) to write the journaling.

This is the actual desk:
I've got my sewing kit out. The grey 'thing' is a pair of bermudas that needed some elastic in the belt.

What else is new... I live round the corner from the butcher so i have just popped out to get some meat before there is too much of a queue. 

I bought some pork belly slices that I'm going to slow cook in the oven with a home made sauce. My butcher makes his own sausages and these are going in the freezer as a stand-by. The mince is for meatballs on Friday and the chicken breast is for Saturday. I must be hungry that I am thinking about food.... I think coffee and a bun is in order!

That's it for this week. I'll be visiting as many as i can find the time for. Have a great week,
Lisca



18 comments:

  1. I use boards and bricks in my basement studio, but I never thought of trying to find boxes to match. You have a LOT of space to fill. I look forward to seeing it after it's completed and in shape. Of course, I think it looks good THIS way, too. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lisca. What an amazing space you've got there. That is really looking great to me and I'm certain you will have so much fun filling all those boxes and using their contents there.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WOYWW Lisca...really nice to see your craft space...fab idea with the shelving - it all works. Lots of natural light, have a wonderful week Cheers RobynO#22

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous craft space - and so much light - how lovely! The boxes are a great idea and look good like that - very inspired! I love the 'family' page you did - the foliage is gorgeous - is it a die?
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOTS going on at your place! LOOOOVE the way you've temporarily set up your room. At least you can use it...good hubby:) And your page is lovely, those sentiments say it all.....& the meat looks really nice and fresh. I'm a bit over having to buy meat from the supermarket. But that's the way it's mostly gone here in Australia:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...your craftroom is going to be amazing. We used to have our own butcher shop before we went into full time ministry...now you have made me hungry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisca, what a fabulous view you will have from your room, and so much light! Wonderful that you have got it to the 'usable' stage too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another "wow" from me and look at that glorious sunshine too! As my daughter would say i am "wel jel" :) Enjoy . Have a lovely week x Soojay 24

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look well set up with your watermelon boxes. My goodness you have so much room. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all finished. It will be amazing. That's a lovely scrapbook page and what a good idea to get your grandson to do the journaling.
    Now to the meat. I love sausages but that belly pork looks really good. We have a good friend who is a retired butcher and he used to make delicious sausages.
    Have a lovely week. Barbxx



    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm hungry for something more than the slice of toast I did have! I love your huge room with all that shelf space. It may be temporary for now but this gives you a great idea of how it will be when finished. That is a nice idea to have your grandson do the journaling on the scrapbook page. Judy #49

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your craftroom looks great already and how clever to use those boxes in that way. Like you planned menus :-) Anne x #50

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's going to be a great space!! think it's the first time I've ever seen meat on a desk though... Have a great week. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisca, now I am starting to get very jealous as the new craft room is looking fabulous. Love the interesting variety of texture and colours! Oh it's not a still life, it's for eating! Looks good though. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yippee I'm glad you have a place to craft until your room is done. You look so organized. DH did a great job. Peg 53

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how exciting! All that space for your craft supplies! No wonder you're over the moon! I would be too. Next year, my son is getting married and I am planning to take over his room and convert it into a craft room so I am looking forward to that!
    Happy WOYWW and thanks so much for already dropping by!
    Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh WOW Lisca what a fabulous crafting room! Can't wait to see your "proper" room when it is done. Thanks for popping by my blog earlier ... was lovely having you visit! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your craft space is looking very organised, even if it is only temporary! I love it actually, it looks very cool in there compare to the bright heat of outside!
    The scrapbook page is fun too, it made me laugh. family give you such great shots at times...especially when they don't realise what they're doing :-)
    Sorry I'm late returning the visit, it's been a crazy couple of days.....
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, that craft room is going to be absolutely gorgeous. Lucky you, all that natural light and space. Real envious.
    So glad for you.
    Hugs, Neet xx (sorry I am so late)

    ReplyDelete