Monday 10 August 2015

A Postcard a day - 10 August 2015 Monday Map and jellyfish

Good Morning! Good Monday! 

Hope you have had a good weekend.

We had a relaxing day yesterday... church in the morning. Afterwards we went to say goodbye to a friend who is travelling to Argentina (Patagonia) on Tuesday and we wanted to wish him 'bon voyage'. Then at 2pm we were back at the church for the monthly 'bring-and-share' lunch. I'd made a tuna potato salad and DH (dear hubby) had made a bread and butter pudding, which turned out really yummy.
The rest of the day we just relaxed. That's what Sundays are for.

Here is my postcard for today: 
It is the map of Taiwan made out of beautiful patterned papers or perhaps even fabric. Formosa is the name it was previously known as. Hakka, I had to look up, but it appears to be a language of the Han Chinese that is spoken (among other places) in Taiwan.

The stamps are gorgeous:
Jellyfish! I would rather not meet one when I go swimming but they are beautiful. 
The one on the left is Pelaga noctiluca. Pelaga is latin for 'of the sea', nocti means night and luca is light. So this little beauty glows in the dark.
On the right is Physophora hydrostatica. This is what is called a siphonophore. That is a colony of small organisms that all perform different tasks. The physophora hydrostatica is one such colony. Amazing!

That is my contribution for today. Tomorrow I will be linking up with T for Tuesday, so my post will be drink related. (I could write something drink related every day..!)

See you tomorrow!

Lisca

2 comments:

  1. I've been popping on by and seeing your postcards....don't often comment. But I really loved the 'pattern' of this Taiwan one.... & your sunday sounded delicious - esp that bread and butter pudding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting post card there. Loved the stamps too. I haven't tried tuna in potato salad. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete