Thursday 20 August 2015

A Postcard a Day - 20 August 2015, A lovely Lithuanian lady

Good Morning! Good Thursday!

I've been itching to show you this lovely card that I received recently through Postcrossing. It's from Lithuania and came in an envelope. The sender is Dainara from the capital Vilnius. Dainara had read that I'm interested in national costumes so she sent me this:
Isn't she beautiful? I love the heavy (warm) skirts and the woven sash. The embroidered details on the head dress and the cuffs and collar.
I know practically nothing about Lithuania but Dainara writes something about her country:
I loved the stamps Dainara had put on the envelope:
The one on the left is from the year 2000 when Lithuania did not yet use the Euro. It is from a Christmas series.
The stamp on the right is (according to the philately website) the Brazen Nature Reserve.

Well, that was another day that my postbox was happy.

That's it for today,
Tomorrow I will be linking up with Friday Smiles, so I'll choose a funny card.

See you tomorrow,

God bless,
Lisca

1 comment:

  1. What a fab costume. So nice to get to know people from other parts of the world. Sue

    ReplyDelete