Saturday 22 August 2015

A Postcard a Day - 22 August 2015 a recipe for borscht

Good Morning! It's weekend! (important for those people that have to work)

Fancy doing some cooking this weekend? We are going to have bacon, eggs and baked beans and fried tomatoes on toast for lunch. The English call it a Full English Breakfast. But we have it for lunch.

If that is not what you fancy, how about some soup? Here is a recipe from Russia of their traditional soup called borscht. It is printed on a postcard I received from Moscow.


(Aubergine is egg plant for those in America.)

It sounds really nice. Here is what you do:
I haven't made it yet so if any of you make this soup, please let me know what it's like.

The stamps are really nice:
The one on the right celebrates the 350th anniversary of Irkutsk. That was in 2011.
The one on the left with the train is from 2013 and commemorates the 150th anniversary of the Kolomna Locomotive Works. 

Thank you Daria from Moscow for sending me this card.

Have a great weekend all of you,

See you tomorrow,

Lisca


2 comments:

  1. I have saved that recipe and will make it for sure. Borsjtj - as we would spell it, it´s a tricky word to say, isn´t it? - is my number 1 top favourite soup in the world. When I was little we always had it for Christmas lunch, with small cabbage pirogi swimming in it. (I have Polish ancestry.) Thank you for sharing, and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I most definitely must try this. But it's too hot at the moment for soup. That's for when the weather is cold and I need warming up!

      Delete