Saturday 8 August 2015

A Postcard a Day 8 August 2015 American Red Cross Canteen and envelope exchange

Good morning peeps, It's weekend!! Have you had a lie-in? 

Today an interesting postcard and a beautiful envelope.
Here is the card. It was sent to me by Scott from Kansas City. He tells me Kansas City is known for jazz music, BBQ cooking and fountains.I knew the first two but I didn't know about the fountains...

The card shows the American Red Cross Canteen at Union Station in Kansas City, MO. The Soldiers' and Sailors' Refreshment Booth officially became the American Red Cross Canteen at Union Station on September 2, 1917. The rules for the canteen stated that volunteers were to be "always kind, smiling and cheerful with these men", Image from the collection of the National World War I Museum.

The stamp is the famous 'global' one.
Then finally the third envelope from the July exchange:

Beautiful handwriting and a fun drawing. I love it. Thank you Carroll. 
These are the stamps in close-up:

I'm a happy bunny!

That's it from me today.

Have a lovely weekend all,

blessings,

Lisca x

No comments: