Saturday 1 August 2015

A Postcard a day 1 August 2015 Desert in bloom and envelope exchange

Good morning and happy August!

I hope that you are all enjoying the summer and able to get away for a bit, (on holiday/vacation) to a nice place.
August in this country (Spain) spells 'hot and dry'. This week I also received a postcard of an area that is hot and dry: the desert. Hot and dry doesn't mean 'dead'.

This card shows a desert in bloom:

Beautiful! The flowers are Sand Verbena and Desert Lilies and they flower in February on sandy flats. Desert lilies send up foot-high stems bearing large white, trumpet-shaped flowers that resemble Easter lilies. Sand verbena are bright pink, trumpet-shaped, fragrant flowers that are 2 to 3 inches wide.

The other piece of mail that I received yesterday was my second envelope in the July envelope exchange. 

Really pretty! I like it. The stamps are nice too:
The top stamp shows Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming and the bottom stamp of course is Uncle Sam.

That's it from me today. Tomorrow is another day.

Until then,

Blessings,

Lisca

No comments:

Post a Comment