Saturday 11 July 2015

A Postcard a Day 11 July'15 Child and turtle

Hello everyone.,

Isn't it nice when people (I.e. fellow postcrossers) read my profile and make an effort to find a card that I like! 

This week I received a card from Sheli in Germany. 

She must have read that I like black and white cards, and that I like turtles, because this is the card she sent me. A little boy in large wellies, trying to wash an even larger turtle.

I also saw on the back, that it is a card from Nouvelles Images. Another thing I had put on my list of 'likes'. Thank you Sheli.

The stamp is beautiful and features Schloss Ludwigslust  (Ludwigslust Palace). I looked it up and it is a stately home (or schloss) in the town of Ludwigslust, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, northern Germany.

And now, just for fun, another turtle/tortoise card I received from Germany a while ago:
The little German rhyme translates (roughly):
Where do you rush to , why the hurry?
It is much nicer just to dwell ,
And above all to think about,
Giving yourself a parcel of time. 

So, lovely people, don't stress yourselves too much, tomorrow is another day.

And that is when you will see me again,
Saludos,
Lisca

1 comment:

Lena said...

I can't look at this card without smile =)