Tuesday 8 September 2015

A Postcard a Day Tues 7 Sept 2015 T for Empress..Whaaat?

Good Morning lovely people and lovely Tuesday girls.

Hope you are all well. I am joining in with T for Tuesday at Elizabeth's altered booklover blogspot.

For that I must show you something drink related.... well here goes:
It is a postcard of the Russian empress Elizabeth Petrovna (1709-1761). It was sent to me by Marina from Voronezh in Russia. She tells me that she likes good food, quiet romantic evenings and interesting books. (That's my girl! I do too!) And she dreams of going to Australia and the Maldives. (Can I come with you?) But what has this to do with drink?

Well, look at the beautiful stamps:
The one on the left is of a gastronomy series and features a samovar (urn) with blini (pancakes) with red and black caviar. 
Here is a video of  how to make blini.

The stamp on the right is a joint issue of Russia and Monaco - History of Automobile Production - ZIL-111B.


And if a samovar wasn't drink related enough, I'm going to leave you with  my latest mug:

I haven't been sitting outside sipping wine lately as it has been raining the last few days! It doesn't rain much here. In fact we haven't seen any rain for about three months. And when it does rain, it washes the top soil away which is not nice for the local vegetable patches . 

I like to sit in our little courtyard under the shade of the vine. When it started raining, we forgot to check if there were any leaves on the drain hole.... result... a flooded courtyard! Here is DH trying to brush away the leaves so that the water can drain away, but couldn't quite remember where the hole was!
That's it from me today. Have a great Tuesday!

See you tomorrow when I link up with Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW).

Blessings,

Lisca

15 comments:

  1. Heehee! Love that photo of him trying to find the hole....at least it doesn't look too cold! You certainly have had an amazing array of postcards and stamps coming your way:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisca, your post made me laugh today. Sorry about the flood, I can imagine how annoying it was. Love the mug, and the idea of drinking wine outside, must try that. The Russian stamps are beautiful, and I love the thought of blini, my great aunt used to make such wonderful blinis! Have a good week, Happy T day, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love blinis, but here in the US, we usually call them crepes. That is indeed a lovely postcard and stamps.

    I got a laugh at your mug. It looks like good advice, especially if you like wine. Of course, I thought the photo of your DH looking for the drain hole reminded me of when my basement flooded. I can understand how he felt.

    Thanks for sharing your fun mug, postcard, and hubby looking for the drain hole with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mug! I've seen a similar t-shirt... makes me laugh every time!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and Happy T Day! The postcard and stamps are wonderful!! That mug has me laughing! Poor hubby, hope it worked out ok, doesn't look like fun. Thanks for sharing and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water .. its terrible when you don't have enough and awful when you have too much! Go Hubby!!! Just love your postcard and stamps... Happy happy T Day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely cards and stamps you have to share Lisca! I would LOVE to have that mug:):) I do hope that water mess is cleaned up now. It's been so hot and dry here I will be looking forward to rain later this week.
    PS-thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I do have specific links to the tutorial in my last two T on Tuesday posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think having a samovar would be wonderful! Exotic and dramatic :) I trust your DH found the drain. Not fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the mug!!!! Great post with many interesting and beautiful photos.... Hubs Looks a bit put out trying to find the drain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YES! I would rather sit in the garden and drink wine too!! BUT not in a puddle of rain water.....LOL had to giggle at your DH trying to find the drain hole. Men are all alike eh?

    Yes, I'll be more than happy to send you some stamps......send me an e-mail with your info.(lmogle1950 at yahoo dot com) I had more than reached my tolerance level of chaos. I hate to have to search for things all the time.....*grin*

    Have a great week, I'll be looking for your e-mail.


    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun photos today...love those stamps! and your cup made me smile too...hope the flooding didn't get too out of hand. I suspect you were happy to have a bit of rain if it had been so long since you had any...isn't it a good thing we can get the husbands to do the dirty (I mean wet-) work! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unique stamps!
    Amazing what a few leaves can do.
    Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my on your plugged drain hole.
    Balance in the weather seems harder to find around the globe it seems.
    We had a lovely moist/wet June which was perfect for growing things...now we are parched and dearly needing rain. Three months seems a very long time to go without rain. I was telling my husband about your magnificent grapes just yesterday as we sat out on our porch before the heat kicked in again.
    Tea and blini sounds just right to me AND so does drinking a bit of wine ... your mug made me smile :-)
    Happy T Day Lisca oxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you were able to unplug your drain!

    Now I am hungry for Russian food and tea. (I studied abroad in Russia when I was younger, and I'm sentimental about all things Russian.) Thank for sharing the lovely post card and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's hardly a disaster ! no towering piles!
    thanks for visiting
    Robyn 1

    ReplyDelete