Monday 4 April 2016

A Blogpost from 2014 - Second on the second

Hello folks!

I meant to post this on the 2nd of this month but forgot (sorry Elizabeth).
Here is my first contribution for Second on the Second. I have only been blogging since 2014 and the following post was my 8th blogpost. It was posted the first week of April 2014.

My first craft workshop in the village

Hello again! It’s Monday, and although I’m retired it was a super busy day for me. Doctor’s appointment, go to the bank,  church prayer meeting, grocery shopping and a workshop late afternoon.  In between all that, cooking meals had to fit in somewhere..... (and eating them of course).

So today I have started a weekly craft workshop in the village. The idea is to get the ladies here interested in scrapbooking, for which there is no Spanish word as far as I know (Elaine might put me right here). They are all part of a group of mothers who have children with epilepsy. This way I’m doing my bit for the charity too.

It all went very well. I showed them my scrapbook albums and explained about scrapbooking. They definitely want to do that. Great! But today they were going to make paper flowers as arranged. They have a fundraiser in May and want the venue to look pretty so we are concentrating on that for the moment.
Here I am explaining in my best Spanish how to fold the paper to make the petals. 

      

And this was the result: 12 happy ladies with the flowers they have made. I think they had fun. I certainly did!
Bye for now! God bless and..... keep scrapping!

Lisca

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful that you are getting involved in your community of your adopted country. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete