Friday 29 December 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 29 December 2023 - Friday Smiles (Last of the year 2023)

 Hello lovely ladies,

This is the last blogpost of the year 2023 (for me anyway). How are you all? Did you have a nice Christmas? I will tell you about my Christmas but first I'd like to show you the postcard for today:

I don't know whether this is a real train or a fantasy train. There is no information on the card actually. It looks real,but most steam engines I have seen had a name written on the side of it. This one hasn't. I love trains, so I am very happy with this card. 
It comes to me from Germany. It was sent to me by Michael, who lives near Leipzig in Saxony with his family and two cats.

The stamps are pretty:
The German stamps with the flowers. From left to right: Winterling (winter aconite), water lily, Kapuzinerkresse (Nasturtium).

Of course, without my Graham, Christmas will never be the same. Someone sent me this little poem which says it all really:


Now, my Christmas has been OK and a bit unusual. I spent Christmas Eve on my own, relaxing and listening to music, like a Rod Stuart Christmas show from Edinburgh:

I wore a Christmas jumper that I had bought some years back:

My visitors from The Netherlands arrived on Christmas Day after having travelled 3 days in the car. I had made a lovely minestrone soup so that whatever time they would arrive, there would be something. The weather is really nice during the daytime so we ate outside on the terrace:
I did a Christmas roast dinner, which I won't bore you with, but my friends had made a layered dessert with mangoes and cream, which they had brought over in a cool bag. It was absolutely delicious!


One of the things we did was visit the municipal Nativity Scene in Baza. Of course the children loved it (and so did the adults):
It was laid out in a large square in the main hall of the Municipal Museum:
I would call it a Napolitan nativity scene because that is where those large ones originate.

We slowly walked round it. There is so much to see:
A whole flock of sheep!
I think this is Joseph and Mary and the baby Jesus.


And we all had a good laugh at one of the wise men:
On the back of an elephant, as part of his treasure, were a Playstation and a Barbie!

That's all for today. More photos on my Tuesday blog. I'll try and find some funnies and will show you at the end.

I wish everyone a 2024 in health and peace.
Hugs,
Lisca

















































5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like a lovely Christmas Lisca. I hope you weren't too lonely on Christmas Eve, but it seems like you had a lovely and busy Christmas. Have a wonderful Happy New Year. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I´ll have such a train on tomorrow :-)
Nice poem. 2011 today my Mom left us. By no means this is compareable, but you poem helped me, too.
Wow on sitting outside! The Baza-scene is impressive indeed. Thank you,I enjoyed seeing it all!
So much love for detail! If you ever come to Hamburg, Germany, make sure to visit miniature wonderland, you would love it!
Also thank you for the funnies!!! To a healthy and happy new year, hugs

Annie said...

It sounds like your got through a difficult day with friends....perfect. Your funnies today had us both chuckling....esp the last one cos Milly did exactly that this morning.
Hoping 2024 brings you lots to smile about.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see you had a good Christmas with friends. Loving the new stamps but then you knew I would. Gorgeous Nativity Scene too. Loving the funnies, the dog at the end must be called Alfie! Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem Lisca - hugs & love for New Year. What an amazing, multi-layered nativity scene!
Keren