Tuesday 2 January 2024

A Postcard A Day - Second on the 2nd - 2 January 2024

 Happy New Year lovely girls,

Today is also Second on the 2nd where we share a blogpost that we have published before. Here is one from 2015, around the same period of the year:

Hi Folks!

Have you all had a lovely Christmas? Still bloated from all that rich food?

We are in the Netherlands at the moment, celebrating the season with my elderly mother. (92 and very with-it)

My DH cooked a Turkey (overnight) for us and our Dutch friends, with all the

trimmings   they do in the UK.

Yesterday (Monday), everything is going fairly normal again after all the festivities. Shops are open again etc. DH and I went to town (Rotterdam). It is my home town, but because I have been living abroad for so long, some of the newer sights I had never seen. We went to see the new market hall.

It's a modern structure. All the little windows you can see are appartments where people live. Residents have windows inside too so they can look at the market on the inside.



The walls have large photos of exotic fruit on them.


The market has deli type stalls, with lots of yummy stuff.

Here I am looking at all those wonderful olives.

Outside he Market Hall we saw the famous cube houses. They date from 1982, so I do remember them. I wanted to show my DH.

After all that traipsing around we were ready for some coffee, which qualifies me for Elizabeth's  T for Tuesday.

Do come and join us if you have anything drink related on your blog. This is the link: Altered Booklover.

I wish all of you a very happy New Year.

See you next week... perhaps... I don't know if I will be able to write my blog next week. We will be in Denmark and I have no idea if I can borrow someone's computer. (I have a tablet but it is sooo difficult to do it on there!).

Blessings,
Lisca

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Try this code, Lisca. It may work:

https://fresh.inlinkz.com/p/c53882dce04041cf8c6c71d5ee174517

pearshapedcrafting said...

How great to have this lovely memory on your blog, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you shared it again- Lisca, especially since I never saw it the first time. It's a happy post. And it's fun to see the Rotterdam market too. Markets always say so much about the place. At least I think so. Hope it was a great Jan. 2. hugs-Erika

Spyder said...

Not sure I'm on the right post but never mind! just wishing you Happy T day! and wishing you and your family a very Happy 2024 ((Lyn))

Iris Flavia said...

A bitter-sweet memory.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I definitely remember this post. I had forgotten that you used to wear your hair shoulder length.

I was fascinated by the fabulous use of urban space that works so well in Rotterdam. More cities should copy these concepts.

I suspect a bit of this was, as Iris put it, a bitter-sweet memory. Thank you for sharing this second look with us on the 2nd, dear Lisca. And I'm glad you got the link I sent to work.


Empire of the Cat said...

Oh the market hall looks like an interesting place to live, love it and the olives! First time read for me, never saw it before and also your longer hair! Sorry for my lateness, it was a crazy week Happy New Year and Happy T Day! Elle xx