Friday 15 December 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 15 December 2023 - Friday Smiles



Hello lovely ladies, 

How have you all been? Not too stressed I hope with Christmas preparations. I have lived in the UK and I know they take Christmas very seriously. Here in Spain it's a little bit more low-key.

This Friday Smiles is about the highlights, silver lining and positive things of this week. Today (Thursday) as I am writing this, it would have been my late husband's birthday. It makes me a bit sad and I really miss him. So it is really important for me to focus on the good things. Count your blessings as they say. And blessings there have been many. 

I have received a few Christmas cards already and mail always makes me happy. 
I'd like to show you my postcard for today. If you look closely you can guess where it's from:


That's right. It's a geisha girl from Japan. It was sent me by Sakiko, who lives in Hyogo, which a city by the sea.

The stamp is cute:


I think that photo is a bit blurred, so here is another shot:


She also added some washi tape on the card:




I have started decorating the house, which is a thing they don't do here. None of my friends have any Christmas decorations. I have a (fake) christmas tree but I couldn't find the box of baubles and bits and pieces. My friend Kim and Andy kindly lent me a set of baubles and ta-da! The tree is done:

They also provided a rather large star:
It looks quite splendid I think.

Then the two exquisite Japanese balls that Dian gifted me last year are taking pride place by the table.


Thre yearly Christmas present from the local women's association was this pink poinsettia:

Gorgeous!

I don't have an elf on the shelf, but I have a little window quite high up above my tv. I don't use the window sill for plants because my tv might get wet, but I think the elf will behave herself. n(Yes, it's a she).

This week I have gone back to Pilates and yoga and I thought I'd show you the studio where I go. I took the picture this week when I ws early and the other ladies hadn't claimed their mats yet.


So you can see I have had lots to smile about. 

That’s it from me today.
I’m going over to Annie’s A Stitch In Time for more smiles.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Lisca





















Men's winter fashion





















 





6 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You're right the UK do like to make the most of Christmas thanks to Queen Victoria and Albert who really was the one who brought us the Christmas tree. Loving the postcard and the stamp, you must have quite a collection now. The Pilates studio looks really nice too. loving all the funnies too especially the Santa one at the end. Hope your weekend is full of even more smiles. Hugs, Angela xxx

Annie said...

I'm sure its not been the easiest week to find smiles but you've done a good job. Sending you big hugs.
Annie x

My name is Erika. said...

Your decorations look lovely Lisca. I hope they make you smile. You do have some great spirit, Christmas and otherwise too. :) hugs-Erika

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisca. Blogger is refusing to publish my comment. Samr thing happened last week. So I will put a copy here and maybe you will be able to add it yourself.
I am glad you have managed to have a good week despite being sad. Your tree looks lovely. Ours is in the window but there are very few to see around the village. Even my English friends say they are too old to bother with it all now, but it wouldn't be Christmas for me without my tree.
The elf on a shelf is a new tradition that was only just arriving from America when we left UK. I certainly didn't have it when my boys were small, and I don't have one now. I prefer my Nativity set on my shelf. But the little elf is good material for lots of funnies. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Your tree looks great (we don´t do this anymore cause... I don´t even know!)
IYay to back to training (I still struggle with my arm).

Just said to my friend K, "oh those leave blowers!!!" Yupp. Take a rake! On the sidewalks! And leave the bees alone, they bring us food!!!
Yup, lazy winner, LOL.
And I feel frozen too. Slept in 3
layers. Plus microwave warmie.
Glasses, oh... story to come here soon... Hugs, have a fun time admiring the tree!!! Freind´s help make it even more beautiful! (Sorry for being late. Were at the Christmas-market yesterday I hope to get some pics up).

Anonymous said...

Hugs & gratitude for Graham's birthday. Love the big star on your tree. The Icelandic Christmas Eve sounds wonderful! Keren xx