Friday 8 December 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 8 December 2023 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here I am early on Friday morning and there’s a wicked storm raging. My house has no internet and I’m doing this on my phone. It’s quite fiddly so I’ll keep it short. 

I can’t access the photos on my laptop so I’ve just photographed the postcard that arrived yesterday. The image doesn’t do it justice as it’s one of those 3-D cards. 

Move it around and it’s just like those drops are really hanging there. Very clever. Everyone in the post office wanted to have a look. 

The card arrived from the Netherlands but was written in English because the sender , called Ike, is English. I thought it was a man ( think Eisenhower) even though they mentioned a husband. In the Netherlands gay marriages are nothing unusual. But I later saw her profile and it is a lady. 

The stamp is beautiful with a very traditional Dutch coffee set and a half eaten stroopwafel. I’m sure my mum had mugs with this pattern and we drank anise milk or hot chocolate or buttermilk. 

My week has been a quiet one. But in every week there are always lots of smiles to share with you and Annie at A Stitch In Time. 

Saturday evening I went for a meal out with David and Patricia. We went to restaurant La Gondola in Baza, our favorite restaurant. 

I forgot to take pictures of our food apart from the salad which is on my Tuesday blog. 

On Sunday, apart from church there was a Sinterklaas party at my Dutch friends. Their little girl is nearly six and is in that lovely innocent age. And the magic rubbed off on us adults and we had a lovely evening. I’ve shown some of my pressies on Tuesday but here is the best one :

It’s goats cheese ( not the soft kind). Yum! Can’t wait to sample this. 

On Monday there wasn’t any Pilates as there was a local fiesta in Baza and everything was shut. I ran some errands in Caniles but spent most of the day at home with the stove lit as it was cold. 

Tuesday is always a busy day. I actually went to Baza early to do my supermarket run and then back to Caniles for my local gym session and then home as Kim and Andy come for lunch. I prepared a ricotta and spinach filling for the large pasta shells that my friend Dian had bought for me not long ago. 
It turned out really nice:
Kim had made a dessert:

It was an experiment and we all agreed it was lovely but could do with a bit more sugar. 
Andy and I went to the cemetery and Andy painted the inside of the rather bare cement columbarium. Just as he was doing that, Ismael, the ‘marble guy’, arrived with the cover stone. I will show you next week as I won’t be placing the ashes until tomorrow. 
The paint is in the plastic container. 

Wednesday was a national holiday, Constitution Day. So again , no Pilates. Luckily my cleaner did come and I have a clean house again. That always makes me smile. And a day at home with the stove on is also smile-worthy. 

Yesterday I went with Dian to my out-of-town cave house where Dian had stayed during the summer. 
She had given the place a deep clean and also sorted out Graham’s clothes so we came away with three large boxes of stuff. 
She took me for a meal out by ways of saying thank you for staying there. 
Another big smile. 

That was my week of smiles. I hope you have had plenty to smile about too and I’m looking forward to reading about it later today. 

I’ll finish with some funny Elves. (Some of them are very naughty indeed).
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling!
Lisca

























8 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca the Christmas funnies are brilliant. Looks like you had another good week with lots of smiles, you are lucky to have so many good friends. Loving the postcard and stamp too. Those cards are very clever. Good luck in getting everything ready for thr ashes. Hugs, Angela xXx

Annie said...

Oh those elves are such fun. Shell used to 'do' the elves for the twins but sadly they are too old now. I love how much you fit into your week.
Hugs,
Annie x

LA Paylor said...

You look great Lisca! Fun with friends, and food and the stuffed shells look delish! I like these naughty elves,
LeeAnna

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, you asked about the foiling machine. They work with heat and metal plates similar to dies, to transfer foil to paper and fabric etc. Hope that answers your question, Angela x

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like it was a good week since Tuesday Lisca. Those stuffed pasta shells looks so delicious. I haven't had dinner yet and I was getting hungry, and now I am hungry. Fun elves. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Had to stop by to say hi because I am not sure you saw my T Tuesday posts. LOVE the Elves. The funniest one I have seen has an elf laying in flour making angel wings.

Violetta said...

Oh you are really in a christmas mood with all these different Santa Claus puppets. I hope you have internet again- but even with your mobile you made a nice post. All the best - and thanks for stopping by at my blog.
Violetta

DVArtist said...

You are so busy in your life. It makes for great posts. I do love the lady bug card with the rain drops. The Elves are too funny. You on the other hand are so beautiful and I love seeing your smile. Have a wonderful day today.