Friday 22 December 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 22 December 2023 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely peeps,

It's going to be a short one today as I am in bed with the mother of all colds! I'm bunged up (stuffy nose) and I certainly don't feel very well.

Let me show you a postcard:

It comes to me from Finland, from Dolores to be precise. She translates the saying on the card as: Believe in dreams. In them is a door to your life. Dolores tells me she is a home body and loves to read and watch tv. 

The stamp is beautiful. I don't think I've seen this one before:

Parnassius apollo (Apollo Butterfly) is a species of butterflies in the family swallowtail butterflies.
Wikipedia writes: Parnassius apollo has a wingspan of 62–86 millimetres (2.4–3.4 in) in males, of 65–95 millimetres (2.6–3.7 in) in females. These very large, beautiful and conspicuous white butterflies are decorated with five large black eyespots on the forewing and two bright red or sometimes orange eyespots on the hindwing.


This typically mountain species prefers hills and flowery alpine meadows and pastures of the continental European mountains, in Spain, Scandinavia and Central Europe, in the Balkans up to northern Greece and in the Alps between Italy and France.


I have been out today (Thursday) with my friend Dian, wearing a mask and having taken flu relief capsules, it was not so bad. We enjoyed doing some shopping in a town, Albox, 60 miles away, that has a large English ex-pat community and the plan was to go and have fish and chips for lunch (a once a year treat). It was not to be as the restaurant's kitchens were closed because of a party going on. Another restaurant we went to only served fish on Fridays, so we ended up having an omelette.


This week I have also travelled to Marbella to spend a few days with my sister. I think I got the cold from someone on the bus who was coughing and sneezing somewhere behind me. He or she did not sneeze and cough inside their elbow as you should do in public. I could tell by the sound. And so four days later: bang, I'm floored! I just hope I feel better when my visitors come on Christmas day.
I had a lovely relaxing time with my sister. We went to see the sunset (she lives very near the beach):
Sorry, not a very good photo as it was taken into the sun.
If you look at the horizon where the sun is, that landmass is southern Spain. A little to the left of that you can see a 'bump'. That is Gibraltar. And then further to the left, that 'bump' is North Africa.

I have some seasonal funnies for you at the end, but in the meantime, I would like to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a really lovely and healthy New Year!
Hugs,
Lisca
PS I think I'm going to hurkle durkle this morning




Fabric scissors


















8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

So sorry you are struggling with a bad cold. I hope it clears by Monday.
I love the postcard and stamp. I am not a fan of Albox, but they are constantly improving it with new shops and plazas.
I had a good smile at some of you funnies.
Wishing you a Blessed and Peaceful Christmas and better health so you can enjoy it. Kate x

Anonymous said...

Rotten to get a stinking cold just now - praying for quick healing before Christmas visitors. Loved the cat's To-do list :-) Keren

Iris Flavia said...

That is a good quote on the card! And a beautiful card, too!
Bummer with the person on the bus! So sorry it got you, certainly, too! Some people...!
And sad with the fish and chips! When we are in Freo/Perth I´ll have one and think of you - the fish is super-fresh there, of course! (Here we´re far from the coast so... no thanks).
Nice you met your Sister. It´s been over a year I saw my Brother. He has a car and lives some whopping 60km away. What to say...
Awwww, nice pic of you by the sunset!

LOL, thank you for explaining HURKLE-DURKLE!
Yes. Ingo already did all the shopping before the crazyness started.
The scissors!!!!
Tit S - thank you for that laugh, too! I hope that was on purpose!

Have a wonderful and hopefully already healthy Christmas and a Happy New Year, hugs

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. I nearly always got colds when we went on a plane because someone was coughing and sneezing close by. Just what you need when you're going on holiday. Pleased you were able to spend time with your sister but sorry about missing out on the fish and chips. Loving the funnies especially the fabric scissors, I am a bit like that myself....no worse! Take care and hope you have a nice Christmas. Hugs, Angela xXx

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you’re poorly. I really hope you shake it off quickly and can then enjoy your Christmas with your visitors.
Hugs,
Annie x

LA Paylor said...

awe, get well quick Lisca, you have joy and good times to share! You wrote such a nice post even though you were sick
LeeAnna

My name is Erika. said...

Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas Lisca. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Stopping in to wish you a very happy Christmas.