Tuesday 19 December 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 19 December 2023 - T for Tuesday


Hello lovely peeps,

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", and only a few days to go! Are you ready? I'm certainly not! 

Instead of rushing around (I'll save that for later), I'm staying at my sister's for a few days. More about that later. Let me show you my postcard for today:


It comes from France, from a place that I have always wanted to visit: Carcassonne. Carcassonne is located in the south of France about 80 kilometres (50 miles) east of ToulouseWikipedia writes: The Cité de Carcassonne  is a medieval citadel located in the French city of Carcassonne, in the Aude department, Occitania region. It is situated on a hill on the right bank of the river Aude, in the south-eastern part of the city proper.

The citadel was restored at the end of the 19th century by the theorist and architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc. In 1997, it was added to the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites because of its exceptional testimony to the architecture and planning of a medieval fortress town

There is an interesting legend about Lady Carcas, the wife of the Saracen ruler. Have a look at it (It would make my blog too long to put it here).

The stamp is beautiful. 
I don't get much mail from France, so I haven't seen this one. It shows an image from Calvados. Calvados is a department in the Normandy region in northwestern France. It takes its name from a cluster of rocks off the Normandy coast. In 2019, it had a population of 694,905.


Now, what has happening in my neck of the woods? It has been cold in the evenings and I have been enjoying my lovely pellet burner and simply staying at home to watch tv. 



In the village the Christmas market is in full swing:
And with all the pretty lights it is very pleasant to walk along the Paseo.


This Sunday at church we had organized a 'bring and share' lunch after the service as next week everyone will be having busy family time. I cooked a quiche to bring along:

There were lots of lovely things on the table.


I wasn't able to stay for the desserts (on a different table) as I had a bus to catch. I went to Marbella to stay with my sister for a couple of days.

In the day time it is quite a bit warmer than where I am (at night it is just as cold). 

This is what I woke up to (seen from my bed):
Marbella bay can be seen in the distance.

On Monday we went for a walk along the boardwalk:
Here I am with my dear sister.
My brother-in-law has recently had an operation on his spine and his surgeon has told him to walk as much as he can tolerate. So we walked 4,5 km, which is 0,5 km more than he did yesterday. 

Then we had to go to the shopping mall. We let brother-in-law sit and have a coffee while my sister and I popped in and out of shops. She is looking for an iron with a reservoir.

Now today I am joining The T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard. I need a drink reference. Usually I will be in a photo somewhere with a drink in my hand. Not this time. My drink references are a bit more obscure: The first one is Calvados, which apart from a department, is also a French apple brandy.
The second drink reference is seen in the photo with the quiche. Behind the quiche is a coffee frother. I love frothy milk on my coffee and this little gadget is probably the most used gadget I have in the kitchen.

Now to finish this post I have a 'funny' especially for Spyder, who mentioned the man who hung the blinds:

Happy T-Day all and a very happy Christmas!
Hugs,
Lisca



























 






10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Carcassonne is on my wish list too. It looks amazing, doesn't it? You new stove looks like it keeps you really toasty warm. I also think watching the fire can be very relaxing. And I hope you have a fun visit with your sister. Are you going to be there through Christmas? Enjoy. Have a wonderful holiday, T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

I have been to that part of France and it's really wonderful! I've been reading a couple of books about France, mainly Paris. Now Ishould go on to that part of the country.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

I hope you can go and see Carcassonne, it is a truly wonderful place. It's been a long time ago when I was there, but I still remember it very well. I was wonderding whether you would mention Calvados apple brandy and am glad you did. Maybe you can have one as a digéstif when you're in Carcassonne! Happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

Ingo´s Greandma, if I recall correct, loved Calvados-ine, or his Dad.
Your burner looks impressive.
Your Christmas-Market looks so "clean". Here it´s chaos.

Your quiche looks very yummy. And your meetup looks so warm and sunny! Aw, wonderful!Funny fun!
Happy Christmas and T-Day! Hugs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful postcard. Unlike others, I have never heard of Carcassonne. It is beautiful, though. Nice you also introduced me to Calvados apple brandy.

Your quiche looks delicious. CJ also has a frother, but I didn't see one at The Spice Merchant, even though I looked for one.

Your Christmas Market is beautiful. I loved the shots along the Paseo.

How nice you can spend time with your sister while her husband is recovering from surgery.

Thanks for sharing your week with us, along with your drinks. Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I wish you and your family a very lovely and safe Christmas.

Not only was I late visiting, I now am getting a "Failed to Publish." GRRR, not good.

DVArtist said...

Oh this is a lovely post. You and your sister look so much alike. The market is so nice and the tree beautiful. I a very nice day today.

Empire of the Cat said...

What fun, I hope you enjoy your visit with your sister in the hopefully warmer than here Marbella. Love your pellet stove too, I am using my woodburning stove every night at the moment and crocheting in front of Netflix. Your quiche looks the business! I would love to look around that Christmas market! Happy T Day! Elle xx

jinxxxygirl said...

Hi Lisca!! What a beautiful Quiche you made!!! ALMOST too pretty to eat... almost.. I think you asked me what an afghan is... ?? Its a blanket... I never tried to look the word up before.. that just what we always called it... funny... Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

Your heater looks like a cozy addition to a space. Nice! I like the outdoor lighting. I've never seen a quiche that deep. Yummy! The visit with your sister sounds -and looks- enjoyable. I'm still laughing about the blind man lol Happy T Tuesday

pearshapedcrafting said...

Carcassonne is beautiful and totally lived up to expectations, although we enjoyed it more when the coaches left. If you get the chance I think you would love it. Your quiche looks fabulous! How great you got some warm days with your sister. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx