Tuesday 12 December 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 12 December 2023 - T for church window, ashes and knitted socks


Hello lovely ladies,
Are you all ready for Christmas yet? I know I shouldn't assume that you all celebrate Christmas, but most of you will, I guess. Perhaps not in Singapore. Do you celebrate Christmas Amila?

Let me show you my postcard:
It comes from Germany and shows a window of the church of Buchenberg, in Bavaria (Southern Germany).
Of course I then looked up the church on Google so I could show you what the whole church looks like:


Sorry, not very good pictures.(Low resolution)

And the door:


The postcard has two stamps on it:


The large stamp on the right reads (translated): Peace, Humanity's greatest good.

They were issued in May 2023.

From the Federal Ministry of Finance I quote: Peace is a process that we advance by strengthening societies and eliminating the causes of violence, inequality, poverty, lack of participation and injustice. This is the only way to promote peace in the long term and sustainably - something that, against the background of Germany's historical responsibility, is enshrined as a central state goal in the Basic Law.

Out of moral obligation as well as out of its own interest, Germany is called upon to work worldwide and together with its partners in the EU , NATO and G7 to prevent crises, manage conflicts and promote peace.

I'm slightly jealous as in Germany they pay 95 cents to send a postcard in Europe. We pay 1,65 euros!

Here in Caniles people are slowly getting into Christmas mood. I was walking to our Intercambio venue on Saturday evening and spotted some music in the little park:


I didn't stop, also because it was flamenco music and I'm not very keen on that. I know it's the music of this area, but I don't find it pleasurable.


What have I been doing? Well, also on Saturday I placed my husband's ashes in the columbarium in the presence of most of our friends. They came from far and wide, bless them. 


I said something and somebody said a prayer and we remembered happy times and it was not really too sad an occasion.
The stone was put back up:
I was even given a bunch of roses, probably to cheer me up. 
And cheer me up they did! Aren't they beautiful! They were given to me by the teenage sons of one of our friends from church, as they weren't able to attend. Their dad gave them to me together with a sweet little card from the boys.
You can tell I was over the moon!

There were more than 20 people and they all came back to the house. I'd made some Dutch pea soup:
What else can I tell you? I have finished another pair of socks. 

I knit my socks in the round and from the toe up.

The heel is knitted as I go along. It's called Fish Lips Kiss heel. (look it up).


Today is T for Tuesday hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard and I need a drink reference:

After all that I did find a drink reference of my own. My sister messaged me on Whatsapp and said she was having a gin and tonic. I said, what a coincidence, so am I! And I sent her this selfie:


No, I don't normally put lemon in my drink.

Well, that is it from me today ,my friends.
Happy T-Day to all,
Hugs,
Lisca





 





7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad the ceremony went well and it wasn't a sad one. Those are beautiful roses. Yes, I can tell you like them. You are making me hungry with that pea soup.

That's a really lovely postcard. At first, I thought it was a door, which I know you love. Those postage stamps are nice, too. The Peace stamp is wonderful. Nice to read about it, too.

You don't like flamenco music? I am fascinated by the dancing and dancers with their costumes.

Your new socks are very colorful. I like them. They would make me very happy.

I have never had a gin and tonic, but I know they are big in Europe. Thanks for sharing your postcard and stamps, the ceremony, your roses, pea soup, new socks, and gin and tonic with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.



My name is Erika. said...

I'm also glad the ceremony went well Lisca. I think you have a lot of love in your life since so many people came to support you. And those are great socks. I've always knitted mine from the top down, but I like the idea of working from the toe up. And that's interesting how postcards have different prices. And those are a big difference too. I hope you are having a great T day and have a nice week ahead too. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Good to hear that your ceremony was solemn but not too sad, and good to see that there are so many joyful things in your life.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the info on the otter stamps. While looking for the tulip stamps, I found the other Forever stamp you featured on last week's postcard. The issue date was 8/11/2023. Looks like the little messages come with the stamps.
https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/thinking-of-you-stamps-S_484104

jinxxxygirl said...

Lisca .. the picture of you holding onto his urn saddens me.. but i'm glad it was not too sad of a ceremony and that your were surrounded by friends.. Big hugs sent from afar.. hugs! deb

DVArtist said...

I am one that doesn't celebrate Christmas. However, I do love seeing people get their houses decorated and the joy that it brings them. I do like this card and the photos. I know it was a difficult day for you. So glad your friends showed up and that you got roses. Ohhhh there is nothing like hand knitted socks. I have a friend in Germany that made me some a few years ago. I do know how to knit but that is one thing I would like to learn to make. Yours look so pretty and perfectly made. Have a wonderful day today.

Rostrose said...

Dear Lisca,
This is a beautiful card motif and a stamp with an important message. Peace is truly a precious good. My current post is, among other things, about a woman who was often torn from peace in her life. You will also find also a Christmas market in my post, if you want to get into the Christmas spirit. I can imagine that this doesn't work so well with flamenco music and relatively warm temperatures.
I'm glad that your husband's urn burial took place among dear friends and wasn't an "extremely sad affair". Of course it's sad to lose a long-time companion, but I can see from your husband's photo that he was a humorous person and I see it in you too. Even if you are sometimes overwhelmed by sadness and missing him, you enjoy the precious life and live a part of it for your husband.
Your socks are great - I admire all people who can knit such beautiful socks - and I like the color mix too!
I really appreciate your lovely comment. I'm very happy that you take the time to read my blog posts :-) and that you like Gov't Mule's music. Yes, please let your soul shine again - and yes please, wear RED :-)
All the best and a nice pre-Christmas season, Traude
☕🧸🍷🕯️☃️🕯️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/weihnachtliche-lichter-klimts.html