Friday 24 May 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 24 May 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

There have been many smiles this week and of course a postcard will always make me smile, especially if it is a beautiful scene like this one:


It comes from Belarus and features a painting by Ivan I. Shiskin (1832-1898). 

Wikipedia says: He was a Russian landscape painter closely associated with the Peredvizhniki movement. (Peredvizhniki , often called The Wanderers or The Itinerants in English, were a group of Russian realist artists who formed an artists' cooperative in protest of academic restrictions).

Below a painting of Shishkin by fellow artist Ivan Kramskoi.

The stamp looks impressive:
Google translate helped me to read what it says on the stamp. It reads: '25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of India.
Thank you Mr Google Translate!

So what have I been doing? I've been preparing for my journey next week. Trying to book things. My friends Kim and Andy happen to be going to Granada on the same day so they're giving me a lift to the Granada bus station. I've managed to book a bus to Madrid and I've also booked a hotel for two nights in Madrid. I'm really excited.

My friend Antonia's husband has five horses and one of them has given birth to a foal. My friends Dian and Suzanne are both horse lovers and were eager to go see the new born baby horse.


I hope that makes you smile. 


Gorgeous little one.


Here is my friend with one of the horses:

Well that is all from me today. 

Now it's over to Annie at A Stitch In Time to join the others with their smiles of this week.

Of course there will be some funnies at the end to get you chuckling.

Have a great weekend,

Lisca


































9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh that little foal is adorable. Those horses really do put a smile on my face. Have a super weekend Lisca. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Great artwork and ohhhh, the horses. All I see here is police-horses once in a while.
Oh, boy to the funnies. A friend went on holiday to Florida. She couldn´t believe the prices for fresh fruit and veggies and for Fast Food...
Let´s be thankful it is different here - to a great Friday.

mamapez5 said...

That is a beautiful painting and great stamps too.
The foal is adorable. They are all legs at first.
I hope you have a wonderful trip. It will be hot in the city. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi lisca, beautiful baby is a massive distraction but I like the stamps too. I have to say the old days have not gone completely here in the UK. We don't have milk wagons anymore but we do have our milk delivered and return the bottles. Pleased you've had a nother good week. Take care hugs Angela xXx

Annie said...

I'm excited for you going on your adventures.....have fun and travel safely. Love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi again Lisca, thanks for your kind words. The little chap hiding amongst the greenery was a small frog. He/she looked quite at home therer. Hugs Angela xXx

Anonymous said...

Love the "smaller steps", and the achievement of getting into underwear without loosing balance!
Keren

DVArtist said...

It's that time for the babies to show up. We saw a field with 5 new foals. Just too cute. I like your funnies too. Have a great weekend.

Violetta said...

Very interesting and funny again, dear Lisca. Postcard seem to disappear with the time with the growing of social media.
I like the pic of the fallen english prince.
Have a good time and thanks for visiting my blog again.
Violetta