Friday 10 May 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 10 May 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely girls,

Are you all sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.

Today is all about smiles. I have had lots of smiles as my friend M came to stay (She's leaving today to join her husband and they will travel around the north of Spain.)

But let me first show you my postcard for today:

A girl on a bicycle, quite sweet. It doesn't say who the artist is, but the card comes from Germany and it made me smile. It has the Captain Marvel stamp on it.

I haven't been able to find any info about this stamp.
But Captain Marvel is a 2019 American superhero film based on Marvel Comics featuring the character Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel


When head of NASA security Carol Danvers was exposed to a powerful alien device, she transformed into the mighty cosmic powered hero, Captain Marvel!

Last week when I was in Almería with my friends, we went to Ikea and I bought a coffee table with a lift top:
This week Andy put it together for me. 
After Kim had checked, counted and sorted all the screws etc:

It's wonderful that they do this for me. It looks really nice but I do like my table to have wheels as it's difficult (and heavy) to move around. So they will bring me some wheels when they next go to Granada.
We had a delicious fish meal, but I didn't take any pictures.

Then that same evening, my friend from Bristol came to stay for a few days. I took her to Guadix on Wednesday where we went to see the cathedral:

It's called the Cathedral of the Incarnation. 


Construction of the building began in the 16th century and was completed in the mid-18th century. It is in the Baroque style.


The choir stalls were quite spectacular:

The next photo is of the choir stalls and the organ:

Below even more detail of the beautifully carved seats:

We went on a tour on one of those little trains that run through town as my friend didn't want to walk very far. Then we stopped for lunch. Here I am outside the restaurant:

Not much more from me today as it's late and I've had a busy day. But I will of course post some funnies at the end, like I always do.

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Lisca











9 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Hi Lisca. So nice to have a friend visiting. That cathedral is stunning, especially those carved choir stalls.
You have good friends who do DIY jobs for you. That table looks really useful, but I hope it has wheels soon for you.
You always find something to make me smile,and this week it was the 'formally known as Prince' one.
Kate x

Annie said...

What fab photos today. So lovely to have a friend staying with you. Love your new table and those funnies made me chuckle.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, loving the postcard and the stamps obviously are my favourite thing today. No wonder you smiling, looks like you had a great week with your friend. Interesting funnies too. I am very lucky to have a hubby who knows how to look after my 52 year old car as very soon there will be very few mechanics who can deal with real car engines Lol! Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Nice card and great having friends not only over but helping!
The other Sunday in Die Maus they showed how organs are made - very interesting!
I remember guessing the gender of things in French... Have a great day!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisca, lovely post. I enjoyed the photos of the cathedral, it's a beautiful building. And your funnies made me laugh. Have a great week. Elizabeth x

Hena Tayeb said...

Now that I can camp in.
Love the Captain Marvel stamp. What a find.

Cloudia said...

Gosh what a lovely post! Friends, a new coffee table and even a cathedral! Thanks for welcoming us. Aloha!

My name is Erika. said...

What an amazing cathedral. You have some fun memes today too. I love the purple rain one. Have a super weekend Lisca.

Rostrose said...

WOW, I would have liked the camper bus - but I don't want to drive it through a tunnel ;-DDDD
Dear Lisca, you had busy times with lovely people, I'm happy for you! In the photo outside the restaurant you are smiling all over your face and look as if you were crowned with yellow roses. A very nice picture. The carved seats in the church are really extremely artistic. Thanks for the funnies! (But I didn't understand the Iceland one...)
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/weltreise-2024-3-station-melbourne.html