Friday 4 June 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 4 June 2021 - Friday Smiles

 


Hello lovely ladies, I have another postcard to share with you today. It comes from the Czech Republic. 
The message translates: ´Cycling greetings from the Giant Mountains´. To me they look like a group of train conductors, but they could be postmen of course. I don't know.
The stamps are  quite beautiful. 
There is a Lily of the Valley on the left. At the center we see a fighter plane. The Aero L-39 Albatros is a high-performance jet trainer developed in Czechoslovakia by Aero Vodochody
It was designed during the 1960s as a replacement for the Aero L-29 Delfín as a principal training aircraft. It was the first trainer aircraft to be equipped with a turbofan powerplant. The type was exported to a wide range of countries as a military trainer.(Wikipedia)

The stamp on the right is a 2020 Christmas stamp.

I hope you have all had a good week. Our week has had many highlights and the weather has been sunny and bright, so I really can't complain. On Thursday night we collected our new dining chairs, which had been a few months on order. The factory that makes them had to close down during Covid lockdown and the shop had no idea when (and if) the chairs would be delivered. But eventually they did appear, and we love them.

Saturday we went out with our Danish friends (and neighbors). They hadn't been able to come to Spain at all since more than a year. We took them to a place that had dark beer and wickedly delicious triple burgers. I was the only one that had a normal bap with pork fillet and tomato jam. The chicken dish in the middle is the tapa we got with our drinks. It looks a bit messy because we were all tucking in.

On Sunday we usually take it easy and watch church services and I cook something simple, like this rice dish. I cook my rice in an electric pan called the Remoska. I have had it for 20 years and I swear by it for certain things. It's like a mini oven (It's not a rice cooker)
This is what a Remoska looks like:
I bought mine at Lakeland and it was meant for the caravan. But I liked it so much that I bought a second on for the house.

I still use it quite a bit. Anything you can do in an oven, you can cook in the Remoska (size permitting).

On Monday we had our new soft water system installed. What a difference it makes! Now I wish we didn't do it earlier. 

I found an insect in our patio that I had never seen before. I hope it's not that new invasive bug with its nasty sting.
I also made a quick banana cake as there were two overripe bananas in the pantry. I have several banana cake recipes, but this is the quickest. I use a round rice ring. (Recipe at the bottom).
On Tuesday we had to go to the hospital for hubby's blood tests and Covid test. In the car park we saw a fake duck with her ducklings and also a tortoise (also made of stone).
When we got back I stopped at the market to buy some cinnamon.
Later that day we went out to our favorite restaurant to celebrate the last day of hubby's 'week off' the chemo.

The next day we went to the hospital for hubby's chemo, only to be told that his platelets are too low (again). So no chemo, and another week off. Of course hubby is very pleased with another week in which he can work on his chicken run. Like last week, the cherry man was selling cherries again through the fence, straight from the trees!
In the afternoon we went to our plot as we had bought some fruit trees in the market. We met mama partridge with her brood on the track. I took the photo out of the car window. I hope you can see them:

Yesterday was a bitty day. I made a lasagna from scratch, making a bolognese sauce in the morning, and after coffee I made a cheese sauce, then I put the whole thing together and stuck it in the oven. I usually make a large one so there will be two meals worth going in the freezer.

I'm writing this on Thursday evening just before midnight. It's time for bed. Tomorrow morning I will link in with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.
And yes, there will be some funnies at the end.
Wishing you all a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca


























9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you had a very busy week, Lisca. Sorry to read about Graham's platelet count again, but it appears he is quite happy. I have never heard of a Remoska, so I am glad you shared one with us. You are always tempting me with food every time I visit. Now I'm really hungry.

Several cute funnies, too. I especially liked the one about "the talk." Have a great rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, too.

Lynn Holland said...

I’m laughing my head off here at your funnies Lisca, you’ve got some belters there. I’ll have to show the wandering welder after, he’ll love them too.
Seems we’ve all had a dose of sunshine this week and hasn’t that bucked us all up. Lovely to spend time with friends again isn’t it. We are going to get together with ours on Sunday.
Have a good week. Give our best to your other half xxx

mamapez5 said...

I see your Remoska is earning its keep. I have also had one ever since they were first introduced into UK. They come from Czechoslovakia, but I believe Lakeland is the only company with a franchise to sell them. I have worn out two and always replace them as soon as I can. This time I downsized from the large one to the small. With just two of us I no longer needed the larger one.
Like you I always make a big tray of lasagna as it freezes so well.
Lovely to see the partridge family. I couldn't see the detail on your bug but it could have been a shield bug. They are very pretty and relatively harmless.
I hope Graham's platelets pick up this week so he can continue with his treatment.
Have a good week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Another great postcard and gorgeous stamp. You are so good at keeping up with the photographs. Love the ducks they are so cute. The turtle fountain looks interesting and of course the funnies are brilliant. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning. another great postcard and stamp and Wow you have had a very busy week again. I am not familiar with your kitchen tool will check it out.enjoyed your funnies this week Happy Friday

kathyinozarks said...

well I had to take a look on amazon for the remoska-they had one designed by the chef Emeril and there were lots of cookbooks for using it too looks like a fun appliance

mamapez5 said...

Just for information, my bottle lights came from Amazon.es. Set of 3 for around 12€ I think.

Annie said...

Sorry for the late visit....we’re on an adventure in our motor home 😀
The weight loss is due to being diabetic, my new treatment and sticking rather better to my diet 😀....but I’m on holiday this weekend 😘
It looks like you’ve had another eventful week. You always seen to fit so much in.
Hugs,
Annie x

Celtic house said...

Oh you look like you had a busy week blessed with fine weather, good company and delicious food. I hope Grahams platelets resolve so he can continue his treatment but hope he enjoys his week off. The partridge family is lovely to see. Have a fabulous Sunday and week ahead