Tuesday 16 April 2019

A Postcard A day - Tuesday 16 April 2019 - T for Mexico, succulents and Baileys

That your day begin with a smile.
Good Morning.

How are you all? As you can see by the above photo, I can't wait to join the T-Party at Bluebeard and Elizabeth's. Anyone is welcome with a beverage in the post somewhere.

I always start with some postcards. I belong to an online community called Postcrossing. We swap postcards. I get an address randomly selected to send a postcard to. The postcard has an ID code. As soon as the person receives the card, he/she registers the ID code and writes a thank you note to me. Then I receive a card from another member (not the same one as I sent the card to). There are 762000 members in 215 countries of the world. Awesome. I love it.

One of the cards I received last week comes from the Czech Republic:
A work by Blanka Tomsova (2016). I've not been able to find out much about the artist other than that she designs postcards. (http://www.yourpostcards.cz/blanka-tomsova/). Anyway I like this card very much.
The stamp celebrates Postcrossing, which I think  is great. Several countries have stamps dedicated to Postcrossing.

My next card come from the USA, from someone who had been to a Postcrossing Meet-Up in Mexico City. 
The text on the card reads: "Hello, & Greetings from New Mexico (USA!). My name is Sam. On the 12 Jan 2019 I attended a Meet-up in Mexico City and it was a wonderful experience to meet 20 Mexican Postcrossers. The weather was much warmer  compared with the freezing weather at home. The Meet-up was held in a beautiful colonial old building. Have you attended a Meet-up? What was your experience?"
 The stamps were very beautiful. The first one (on the left) is a 5c stamp from 1965. 

This Florida Settlement Issue stamp commemorates the 400th anniversary of the settlement of Florida and the first permanent European settlement in the continental United States. The earliest known European explorers came with the Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de León, who named it “La Pascua de la Florida,” which refers to the Easter season and the flower-filled landscape. Pedro Menéndez de Avilés founded St. Augustine which is the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the United States. The stamp features an image of Spanish explorer, the royal flag of Spain and a ship.
 The two stamps on the right are  2017 issued Christmas carol stamps. Sam had also stuck a Mexican stamp on the card just for fun in another corner. 

I would like to show you one of my succulents I have. This one is called Huernia Hystrix. It was given to me by one of my prayer partners Pilar. She had several big plants on her balcony. She just broke off a significant chunk and I planted it. Look at it. It is doing so well, it is now going to flower! (Then Pilar unexpectedly died a month after she gave me this plant, so I treasure it).

There is one large bud. I have looked on the internet and the flowers are beautiful. I'm so excited. I'll show you when the time comes.



 How do you like this coffee set? It was my mother's but she doesn't use it anymore. And it's coming my way! 
 Of course it is not in this country. It sits in my sister's garage in the UK I think. So next time we travel by car, this will be in our trunk/boot. It will grace my glass cabinet.

Sunday after church, as we're in town, we go to a particular bar to have coffee. I have a cafe cortado (espresso with a dash of milk) and a Baileys.  
 Hubby has a cafe con leche (coffee with milk) and also a Baileys.

It's a typical Spanish bar, with the Serrano hams hanging above the counter. The little conical thingies, are to catch possible drops of grease (I have never seen hams leak, it's too dry a climate here). But it's a new European law.

There we are. That's it from me today.

I wish you all a great T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

18 comments:

  1. Loved the postcards and stamps, lovely tea set, and your drink sounds delicious-I love Baileys or a coffee liqueor mixed in with a drink-I use it with my decaf chicory now.
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. always fun to see what new postcards and stamps you receive!Sounds like a well organized trading. Great looking coffee set. I'd want to keep it too. Sorry for the loss of Pilar, but how sweet that her memory will linger in that beautiful plant she gifted you with. Bailey's-yum! And thanks for explaining the little cones under the hams. I have never seen that before. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lisca, we always stopped for breakfast at a restaurant on the way to Granada that had so many Hams hanging from the ceilings in the days when people could smoke indoors, we always said that’s how they were smoked, nowadays they don’t have so many and as you say all with cups beneath them.
    Love the coffee set and all those lovely postcards and stamps, where do you keep them all?
    Have a great T day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Lisca. I love the cards you got - and their stamps - both are so lovely. Glad you have fun this way. The succulents are all lovely, you must be excited now waiting for it to bloom. Love the tea / coffee service, very elegant. Great photos of you both, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The postcards and stamps all look lovely. You must be happy to see your mailman if he brings these treasure to you from other countries.
    The succulents look super and the flowers must be a welcome sight when they bloom.
    Your mums china looks lovely, I hope you get it home soon to display.
    Happy T day wishes Lisca.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is wonderful that you postcard people had a meet up. It would be great to be able to meet bloggers, wouldn't? But I suppose it is even better to have blog friends near and far to get to learn so much about the world. I love the coffee set. It is really unique. happy T day to you Lisca! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that zentangle postcard. My new friend has just moved to the island and she is 1500 succulent plants, some I have never seen before. next time I visit her i'll ask if I can take a photo and then post it on my blog.
    I now love succulents because they are low maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look up postcrossing because I never heard of that term. Too fun! Always nice to get real mail. Pilar's plant is such a lovely gift. The coffee service is so unusual. I love all the different clocks. Lucky you! And lucky you to get your Hubby to pose for a T-Day picture. Himself grumbles if I try to take a picture of him. Nice picture of you, too. What a pretty scarf! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your postcard and stamp collection must be huge by now. Postcrossing sounds like a lot of fun. I really like the unusual tea set and hope you will be able to use it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy seeing your postcards and the postage stamps look amazing 😁. I can't wait to see the flower in bloom either, I'm not going to look it up so it will be a surprise when you post it ...lol 😉. Cheers and wishing you a happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to seeing your plant in bloom. The bud itself is pretty, and I know it'll be a delight to see its blossom. That's an interesting design for your coffee set. It's satisfying when family members pass things on :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, stamps dedicated to postcrossing! how cool!
    happy t-day, lisca!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great postcards and photos, Lisca. That coffee set is fantastic. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful postcards. I especially love the one with the stacks of books. One can never have too many books.
    Your succulent is gorgeous! I have not seen this one before and I think that I may look for one to add to my collection. I love that the leaves are unusually shaped. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the flowers.
    That Tea Set from your mother looks unique. How fun that it features Grandfather clocks.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a fun post! I'm excited to see your bloom also...can't wait! hams over the bar counter...that's quite different than in the U.S. but interesting! Love the postcards, and photos of you and hubby! happy T day to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I'm so late visiting, Lisca. Your postcards are both lovely, and I like how they both included postcrossings. I've never seen that 5 cent stamp, but of course it is so old, why would I, right? I have some of the other stamps and bought them for the rocking horse.

    Your succulent is going to be even lovelier when it blooms. I know they are starting to bloom now in the dessert.

    Looks like you two had fun at the restaurant. Had to laugh at the grease catchers. Loved seeing both your coffees and Baileys, too. Thanks for sharing your postcards, succulent, and drinks with us for T this week, dear. Again, sorry I'm late visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the postcards and the stamps! Your coffees today are great and so is the lovely coffee set! Belated Happy T day!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Czech postcard is really interesting, as the others are also. Lovely succulents. OH, love, love your coffee set. I have never seen one like it. So neat that it has the clocks on it. I hope you can get them home in one piece. You look happy with your coffee. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete