Friday 19 April 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 19 April 2019 - Friday Smiles



Good Morning all! The picture above translates: Good Morning, remember you are special.

Let me start this Friday with my usual two postcards. The first one is from Japan, from a Chinese person who lives in Japan. I cannot figure out what we see on this card. It only says: 'Entrance'. Of what? I don't know.
 The stamps are pretty. With an ibis like bird on the right and a waterfall on the left.
And this was a sticker on the back of the card:
 The next card is from Taiwan, and comes from Amber who loves Japan. The card features a streetview in Japan. (But Amber is Chinese and lives in Taiwan)
 The stamp is lovely. It is a large water melon, which reminds me of summer.

 Well, what did I do this week? Saturday evening we had some drinks in the park with friends, and there were two bands playing. 
 This is rather a bad photo with the reflection of  the setting sun.

I must say the bands were really good.

Sunday was Palm Sunday and here in the village they take the large palm leaves out in the street.
 Monday I went to the gym, only to find that the gym was closed as it is Holy Week and most things stop for a week. There were a few other ladies from my group. so we decided we would go for a walk:
 Almond trees everywhere.
 Two of my friends.
 You can see how dry it is. It has since started to rain (and the weather is still atrocious. I heard that in the UK it is warm and sunny. I'm really pleased about that)
Here are some grasses next to some broom, which will flower soon (yellow).

When I stood outside the sports hall I saw a poster of a different activity which I have never seen: Kin-Ball!
I googled it (as you do): Kin-Ball, is a team sport created in QuebecCanada in 1986 by Mario Demers, a physical education professor, in which the main distinctive characteristics are the large size of the ball (1.22 meters in diameter) and that the matches are played among three teams at the same time instead of traditional one-vs-one like the most of the team games. The International Kin-Ball Federation counts 3.8 million participants, primarily from Canada, the U.S.JapanBelgiumFranceSwitzerlandSpainGermanyDenmark, the Czech Republic, and MalaysiaChina. The newest country is the UK. Kin-Ball UK formed in 2018 .

I also found a photo on the village web-site of Kin-ball being played at our sports hall : 


On Monday we went grocery shopping and then went to our weekend home and watched a DVD in the evening.
Tuesday we had a lie-in and had lunch at our favorite restaurant. There was a prayer meeting in the evening.
Wednesday we had invited our Danish friends over for lunch. She had grumbled about a lasagna she had eaten in a restaurant, that was not something to write home about. So I said she ought to taste MY lasagna. So Wednesday I made lasagna from scratch. 

Not much left (It was yummy)
I'm not in the picture as i took the photo.

Then Thursday I spend in my craft room and I made another Pocket Letter. I won't show you today as this post is already extra long. I'll call it a day (or night as it is 1 a.m.) and I will link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday
As usual a few funnies at the end.

Have a lovely weekend and a happy Easter to anyone who celebrates it.
Hugs,
Lisca








10 comments:

Virginia said...

Ah a fabulous post. I love the tall palm leaves at church a true reminder at this time of year.

I love how you changed your gym session to walking when you realised it was closed.

Your lasagne looks lovely and as always loved the funnies

Have a great week ahead. Happy Easter

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You had a fabulous week, Lisca. Lot's of interaction with friends, a great walk, and time enjoying your husband, too. That parade is amazing. Absolutely beautiful parade of palms.

Hope your Friday is great and you have a lovely weekend, too.

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing photos of where people live and it is quite dry in your area, isn't it? But that Palm Sunday celebration is really interesting. And it is also interesting how so much closes down for Holy Week. That would never happen here. Have a happy Easter Lisca. Hugs-Erika

R's Rue said...

Happy Easter

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love visiting you Lisca, you always find such great things to make me smile.......well laugh actually! I'm not surprised you love living there either as there is always so much going on. Have a lovely Easter weekend, Angela xXx

Annie said...

I'm a little late getting to read the blogs today but it was worth my visit. Oh what a wonderful post Lisca.....and the funnies really got me chuckling. Hope you have a lovely Easter.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

Hi Lisca. That sounds like an enjoyable week. I always make my lasagne from scratch too and is one of Chris' favourites.
Your palm celebration is a bit different from ours, but lovely all the same. I think they will a bit less fortunate with the weather for the Easter celebrations this year. Our son arrives on Wednesday so we are hoping it has improved by then. But he has just spent two weeks working in Gdansk so he will feel warmer here at least.
I love all the little grey kittens. The caption made me laugh and I just want to cuddle them all. Wishing every blessing for the Easter weekend. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For reasons I won't go into, I have been locked out of blogger. This is a devastating problem for me, especially since I am in the middle of my recycle campaign. However, I have set up a HOPEFULLY temporary blog to get me through until I can reclaim mine. Please tell everyone you know, and please visit me starting tomorrow (April 20) at:

https://alteredbooksandmixedmedia.blogspot.com/

Even if you don't normally visit me daily, I could use the support right now.

Florence charlott said...

i want to share my testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me. ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said so later on i told my fellow friend about this same thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions so i decided to look in the internet and i found their number so we decided to contact them and unfortunately we did as they instruct us to do and later they told us to get some requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took us just a week and later on the great fraternity gave us $1,200,000 to start up our lives…. and now am testifying that if in any case you want to join any great fraternity all you need to do is for you to contact them because they are legitimate and they do as what they instructed them to do, so you can as well WhatsApp me +2348123233895 or you can email:jameswillian004@gmail.com

Florence charlott said...

i want to share my testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me. ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said so later on i told my fellow friend about this same thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions so i decided to look in the internet and i found their number so we decided to contact them and unfortunately we did as they instruct us to do and later they told us to get some requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took us just a week and later on the great fraternity gave us $1,200,000 to start up our lives…. and now am testifying that if in any case you want to join any great fraternity all you need to do is for you to contact them because they are legitimate and they do as what they instructed them to do, so you can as well WhatsApp me +2348123233895 or you can email:jameswillian004@gmail.com