Friday 28 April 2023

APostcard A Day - Friday 28 April 2023 - Friday Smiles

 Good morning lovely ladies,

I hope you have had a lovely week, full of smiles. I have. I've been quite busy since last Friday. 

But let me show you my postcard for today. We're going 'cute' today. I found this little cutie at the bottom of the pile and indeed it was sent in October last year. Here it is:

It features a cute raccoon. People in the US will probably tell me that raccoons are not cute at all, but I've never seen a real one so in this picture it seems cute.

The world-wide organisation called Postcrossing that I belong to is almost completely online, but sometimes people organise local meet-ups in person. This card is from one of these meet-ups. It comes from Bielefeld in Germany and all those present have signed/stamped the card with their usernames:
The stamp is the German digital stamp that celebrates Postcrossing:
So how about the smiles of this week? 


What was my week like? On Friday I picked up my car after they had sorted my air conditioning. The price was a bit of a shock but I won't mention it here as that was not a smile. But that evening I went to dancing classes with John and Brenda and a drink at the bar afterwards. The weather is really warm now so the cold beers are very welcome. 

Saturday I could have a lie-in. No gym, no painter or cleaner or anyone bothering me early, so that was bliss. 


I 'pottered' around the house and really had a restful day. In the evening I watched season 3 of Shetland. Up until now the seasons only had two episodes, but this one had 6! So I too have now experienced binge watching.

Sunday I had to get up early as the coach leaving for the mountains left at 7. I have written about my mountain hike on Tuesday. But here is a photo of me and my friends at the beginning of the hike:
The weather was rather hot and the path quite strenuous but we had a really lovely time. 

Monday is my shopping day. I went to the farm shop in town to buy cat food and corn and feed for the chickens, as well as bedding (saw dust type) for the chickens. I had cleaned out a part of the chicken run and needed clean bedding.

I had ordered a collapsable jigsaw puzzle table a while back and on Tuesday I got a message saying it had arrived at the local petrol station. So I went to collect it and to my surprise it contained this:

Two children's T-shirts! I was so disappointed and sent the company a message. They came back with apologies and an offer of 10% discount. What!? Obviously if they no longer have the product in stock, then I want my money back. Anyway, I'll let you know how this ends.

Also Tuesday was the day that my friends Kim and Andy come. I cooked the salmon recipe from Hello Fresh. 

Andy bless him, then spent the rest of the day assembling the Ikea furniture, which comes flat-packed. He is a real treasure.
The other cabinet is at the moment under a plastic sheet as the painter has not finished yet. (Later today hopefully I can put everything back in place).


Tuesday was also my lodger's birthday. (he was 32!) but as he was working that day, he celebrated it on Wednesday. His girlfriend wanted to bake a special cake. As she has hasn't much experience in baking cakes, I promised I'd help her. So we had a fun evening baking a cake with blueberries and lemon icing. 
The icing was a bit runny, so we decided to call it a day and leave the icing for the next day. 
So I got a bottle of Amaretto out and we had a little tipple:
This lovely girl is Dutch so we could chat away in our own language.
What is that written on your T-Shirt?

"Mo(re) money, mo(re) problems".

That was my week. Not many photos this week as I'm desperate for a new phone. This one is old (iPhone 6) and not taking good photos anymore. I hope to have a new one next week.(Watch this space).

As per usual, I will attempt some funnies at the end.
Have a great weekend (a Bank Holiday weekend in many European countries, Spain included),
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca


























5 comments:

mamapez5 said...

That sounds like a very busy week with plenty to smile about.
"If you are happy and you know it, stay in bed". That made me smile though sadly once I am awaks I have to get up. I am better standing than sitting or laying down.
You mountain walk looked great. I wish I could still walk lke you. There are so many lovely places around that I haven't explored yet.
The little Dutch girl looks fun, and you seem to be enjoying one another's company. I hope the cake was appreciated.
Sad about your parcel. I have to admit I mainly buy any major items from Amazon as they seem the most reliable. I have had been sentsome very 'odd' alternatives on occasion. I hope the company sorts itself out. Most of them have warehouses so far away and they know we won't pay the postage to return anything.
The pizza slice on the baby's suit is a fun idea. And you found some other good 'Smiles' too. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, looks like you've had another busy week. Hope the table gets sorted, that must ghave been very disappointing. Pleased you enjoyed your walk, I believe it's getting very warm in Spain now. Loving the funnies too especially the one about the H though in Yorkshire we don't typicaly pronounce H ever Lol! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Annie said...

It said in our news about the very high temps over there with you so I hope you are managing to keep cool. Your funnies are brilliant...we both giggled at them.
Hugs,
Annie x

My name is Erika. said...

Hi Lisca. I had a moment and decided to stop by. I had to smile at your writing about the raccoon. They are cute, BUT, after I went camping once and a couple of them tried to get into our tent, that's all I can think of when I see raccoons. And you've had a good week. I like your new dresser and a blueberry and lemon cake sounds delicious. And how fun that you have someone to speak Dutch with too. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice that the Postcrossing people could get together. Even nicer that some had their own stamps. However, whoever created the postcard should have used spell check. Was that supposed to be 2nd or 12TH (12th yes )(not 12nd). BTW, I had a raccoon family move in under my front porch one year. Once I finally got them out, I sealed the hole they got in through.

Nice you have friends to help you with your IKEA assembly. I would either have to do it myself or pay someone to do it. I was going to ask you about the chickens. I'm glad you still have them. Even though the price of eggs has come down some, they are still quite expensive in the states. You truly have a gold mine.

Nice you and your lodger's girlfriend could share the same language.

LOVED the funnies, especially the lady and her dog and the coffee, which I also know to be true. Have a super weekend, dear Lisca.