Friday 7 April 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 7 April 2023 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies! How are you all this sunny (hopefully for you too) Good Friday? I'm very well and looking forward to going for supper at my friends' house for a Good Friday fish meal. 

There is a large procession in our village and in every community in Spain. Today is the 'big day'. Good Friday is when the church remembers Christ's death on the cross, but I prefer Easter. That is when we remember that He rose again. 

Let's look at one of my postcards:

It comes to me from Germany, Heidelberg to be precise. It features two boys playing at sailors. It's an interesting black and white photo. I think it is a modern photo made to look old. (Because the boy's haircut is very modern.) There is no mention of the photographer. 

The stamp is a pretty flower:



Flockenblume in German is knapweed in English (I had to look it up).

What have I been up to? Last week I was persuaded by my friends John and Brenda to come dancing with them. I can't dance, I kept telling them. I have no coordination. But they insisted the teacher took it step by step and on Friday I went. 
It's a very bad photo taken from a screenshot of a video (but just to prove that i went). I found it mentally exhausting trying to remember the steps, but the teacher was really nice. In fact everyone was really nice, so I'll probably go again next week. 

On Saturday I went out for dinner with my friends David and Patricia. 
On Sunday I went to church and generally relaxed. I watched something on my new TV set.

On Monday I went into town to do the food shopping. I treated myself to a creme brulée set that was on special offer (at Lidl). 
I haven't used it yet.
Also on Monday I made this yummy cherry cream cake:
I love making cakes but I can't eat them on my own so I always make one when my friends come.
That was Tuesday. Kim and Andy came and he put the wall bracket up so the TV could go on the wall.



Then of course I could finally peel off the protective plastic and reveal!

On Wednesday my lovely cleaner comes and she did a good job as usual. She also cleaned the lamp and the ceiling fan which were really dirty.

Then in the evening I was invited at my friend Antonia's for a Passover meal. Her daughter's Israeli friend had prepared it all. (She and her husband were lodgers here one winter a few years ago). It was very interesting and there were two legs of lamb to eat after the official bits. I enjoyed it. More in my Tuesday blog post.

On Thursday I drove to Guadix, a town 60 km from here, picking up a friend on the way. We were invited by some missionaries to share lunch. As a church we support these people and it is always nice to see how they are getting on when they are in the neighborhood. I will show some photos in my blog this coming Tuesday.

That's it from me this week. 
As per usual, I have some funnies for you at the end.
I wish everyone that celebrates it a very Happy Easter and those who don't, have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca


















































5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a fun postcard. I have a question. Does it actually say two boys? To me, it looks like the one in front is a girl in a jumper who has long hair.

You certainly go all the time. You now lead such an active life, I don't see when you'll ever find time to watch those two tvs you purchased. I am so impressed by all you are now doing. Do you ever slow down? And I'm glad you went dancing. I love to dance, but have no one to dance with.

You have some great funnies this week, Lisca. Those old folks are funny. Have a super Friday and I'll see you on Tuesday.

Iris Flavia said...

Dancing is so good - and difficult! I have a training DVD and some took me like forever to follow but once you can do it it´s fun and our brains sure do profit, too.
For a friend´s and also my Brother´s wedding we needed to learn to dance. Ow, I think we have it all "forgotten"! We both have no feeling for rhythm...
Thank you for the reminder. Come August we are invited to a ... wedding...

Keep on dancing!
Your TV is impressive.
Ha-ha on getting old...!

I agree with Elizabeth, you´re up to so much, I feel like totally lazy!
Enjoy the weekend!

Annie said...

It makes me smile to hear that you are living such a busy life Lisca. You have so many good friends out there. Your funnies really made me chuckle today...thanks for sharing them.
Happy Easter.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's so good to see you have such great friends.It looks like you've had a good week too. That TV looks massive. Cakes look scrummy and I enjoyed the funnies too. Wishing you a very happy Easter. Hugs, Angela xxx

Rostrose said...

Dear Lisca!
You have a lot going on 😊 - I'm glad you dared to dance!
Thanks for your comment on my last Costa Rica post. You wrote, among other things: "I don't see the point of having two double beds. You both sleep in one and what to do with the other one?"
The rooms are suitable for up to 4 people. BUT: we actually often sleep in separate beds on vacation. Why? I explained it in an earlier post: Unfortunately, Mr. Rostrose and I have very different sleeping habits: In most hotel beds you have to share the covers and these are tucked tightly under the mattress by the housekeeping staff. My dear husband just slips under this tight blanket and sleeps. He loves it (for some reason) - and I hate it because I have to wrap myself up to sleep and sometimes I just want to kick myself free. That's why I always travel with my own sheet. But two beds are even better 😊
Happy Easter 🐣🐰🪺!
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/ruckschau-auf-den-marz-2023.html