Tuesday 11 April 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 11 April 2023 - T for

 Hello lovely ladies,

I am all poised to join the T-Party but I'm desperately trying to find a drink in one of my photos. The T-Party is hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

Never mind, Let's start with my postcard:


It is a black and white photo of Brigitte Bardot getting dressed. I remember her very well. She was a French actress from 1952-1973. She also was a singer from 1962 onwards. In 1973 she retired to her property in southern France called La Madrague and is a well-known animal activist and vegetarian.
She was quite the sex symbol when she was young and had many husbands and lovers. She was born on 28 September 1934, that makes her 88 now.
Then and now...

The card comes to me from Germany and the stamp shows the cute baby mountain goats I have featured before:


Okay, what's been going on in my life then? On Tuesday my friends Kim and Andy came to put the tv bracket on the wall and they then put my new TV up on the wall. 


Andy connected the sound bar and hey presto! I have a fantastic entertainment area. Finally I peeled away the plastic protective cover from my new TV:



On Wednesday I was unexpectedly invited to have supper at my friend Antonia's house. I brought some red wine as requested. When I got there I saw they had prepared a Passover table! Antonia's daughter has an Israeli friend (called Yonath) who with her husband and little son lived in our house for one winter. Yonath prepared everything, bless her.


That was interesting. There were 
  • four cups of wine
  • veggies dipped in saltwater
  • flat, dry cracker-like bread called matzah
  • bitter herbs, often horseradish (without additives) and romaine lettuce, dipped into charoset (a paste of nuts, apples, pears and wine)

Antonia had baked flatbread (without yeast) visible below.  And also my glass of wine! Hurray, a drink for the T-Party.

I found it very interesting. We had several children around the table and they had to ask certain questions, like: Why is this night different from all other nights? Then the story of the Israelites' Exodus from the slavery of Egypt is told.
I won't go into the ins and outs, you can always Google it if you're interested.
We had a lovely meal afterwards. I'm not sure if Jewish people would have eaten lamb, but we did:
Leg of lamb! Yummy! 

On Thursday I went to Guadix with some people of my church. Guadix is a town some 60 km from where I live. We were invited by some missionaries who we support as a church.
They had prepared a some lunch for us and it was great to hear what they are doing at the moment.

The two ladies I am squeezed inbetween, are missionaries and the lady in red on the left is too.

On Friday I was going to have supper at David and Patricia's and I baked a traditional Dutch appeltaart:

They both worked (on their house) until late and no meal was prepared, so we decided to go out. We went to a place called La Gondola, where we have been many times. The food is really good.

It was very busy and we had to sit at the bar as we hadn't booked a table. That was actually nice as we sat opposite the fire where they cook the meat:
Needless to say it was delicious!
David unfortunately had his mouth full when he took the picture, but never mind.
Saturday was a busy day and I didn't take any pictures. My friend Dian came for coffee in the morning and in the early evening I went to Intercambio (language exchange). 
As we went out last night, I still had a lovely Dutch appeltaart, so I invited my lodgers upstairs to come and sample it. She is from Holland so she should know what to expect. They came down, had a large wedge of taart and we watched (on my new TV) a nature documentary hosted and narrated by Barak Obama. A beautiful series of different National Parks in the world. We watched Monterrey Marine Park. Beautiful.

Sunday was Easter. I had already told people in the church I would not be coming. I wanted a day of rest. I watched the morning service of our UK church on live stream. Then I got a message inviting me upstairs to have lunch with my lodger. He had also invited his parents (my friends David and Patricia). So that  was really lovely.

He had cooked courgettes (zucchini) boats and filled them with a mince meat concoction. His girl friend had made a pasta salad to go with that.

That is it from me for today.

Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca


















12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, sounds like you have had a wonderful week-good friends, yummy foods and beverages. Congrats on your new tv-you will love it-we splurged and bought two this size just before we moved to the lake house. One for the bedroom and one in the living room
Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

What a fabulous week Lisca. I've seen that Barack O'Bama series about Monterey Bay and it is fabulous. And you have a great new tv and sound system to enjoy it on-smile. I would think going to that Passover Meal would be very interesting. And you had lots of interesting foods at all your meals too. Eating is always fun. I hope you have a lovely T day and week ahead too. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh. If I hadn't been hungry before, now I am starving. Everything looks good except the poor lamb.

You wer worried about a drink reference. I saw lots of bottles of wine on a table and the coke sign outside that restaurant which would have qualified. But of course, the glass of wine was quite apparent.

You really WERE squeezed in between those missionaries. Looks like you were having fun at least.

Although I saw much of your post on Friday, I enjoyed seeing your tenant and the meal he and his girlfriend prepared. And look. There are all kinds of glasses at their festive table!!!

Thanks for sharing your lovely postcard, as well as your week with us which included lots of food and many drinks for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Mae Travels said...

Your week looks great! So many holidays in Spring, aren’t there?

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Your new entertainment center looks fabulous. I've never been to a Seder Supper so it was interesting to see. I made a leg of lamb for Easter dinner here as that was the tradition in my family. Looks like a busy week and lots of delicious food. Take care and Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

Brigitte Bardot is unforgettable! Love that new TV, wow! Glad you enjoyed the passover seder. Lamb is fine for Passover, and it looks very good. I went to a great Passover Seder, too, but wasn't allowed to take any photos :(. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Carola Bartz said...

You had a wonderful week - and there are quite some drinks in your pictures! You have a good group of peolpe who are also friends. It's so nice so spend time with people you like - that kind of time is never wasted.

jinxxxygirl said...

Lisca so many wonderful photos! You have been busy.. what a lovely Easter Dinner prepared by your friend. That must have been very unique and interesting for everyone there. What a BIG TV! lol That must be so awesome! Brigitte Bardot was beautiful then and she has aged gracefully also... We all get old.. Great visiting with you this T Tuesday Lisca! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Sharon Madson said...

Yes, I remember Brigitte Bardot. What a difference in the two photos of her! Amazing that you would get that post card. Someone must have hung on to it for a lot of years! You had some great meals this week! Thanks for sharing with us. Happy T Day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Lisca i KNOW i left you a comment on T day! I don't know what happened to it... So i'm trying again. What a lovely full Easter you've had! Full of people who love and care about you. You are so very fortunate. Lots of delicious food and fun and laughs.. You are so very blessed.. Happy T day for the second time...lol I hope it gets through.. Hugs! deb

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your new TV and sound system must make watching those Barak Obama films a really great experience. Loving all the outings you're having

pearshapedcrafting said...

How nice of your tenant to invite you to eat with them. Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx