Friday 21 April 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 21 April 2023 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely girls,

If you're anything like me, you'll be longing for warmer weather. So the card I am showing you today oozes summer. 




It looks like it could be in Greece, but your guess is as good as mine. It's not specified on the card. But it makes me smile.
 It comes to me from Austria, in an envelope with a lot of lovely stamps on it.
Now those stamps are really lovely. (sorry bad scan)
The yellow stamp features a traditional headdress, that I wrote about on the 7th of March
It is called the Lake Constance Radhaube, a wheel-shaped bonnet.

The blue stamp features an Astrachan Cap (Seewinkel, Burgenland) (Austria 2020) as you can see in the photo below. The image is from Etsy so I don't know who to tribute it to.


The other two stamps are heraldic signs.

I'm having difficulty importing photos into my post, so I'm having to jump through a few hoops and boot up my old PC.

I can't get them to move so you're getting photos in the wrong order today.

There are lots of things that have made me smile this week.
My house has been a mess as it is being painted on the inside. (But it will be nice and white again, so smiles galore)

The tv has come off the wall again and my new sofa has disappeared under the plastic.


On Tuesday my friends and I drove to Murcia on Tuesday to visit the Swedish furniture store Ikea. Our nearest one is 200 km away so it was a whole day out. I needed lots of storage space so I towed a trailer. 
Amongst other things I got some fun cushions for my sofa (big smile):


I think a plain sofa needs something to 'pop'.

And a side board for the lounge to put under the TV:

This furniture comes flat-packed and Andy has assembled this one for me.

The blue film is there just to protect the glossy surface. It got stripped off.

Let me see if I can take a photo (It's getting dark):
No. it's not very good, but you get the gist.

I have bought three other cabinets and side boards but they will get assembled over time.

What else has happened this week? My first Hello Fresh box has arrived (another big smile): 
Have you got Hello Fresh where you live? My cousin has it in Holland and a friend I know has it in the UK. It's a meal plan where they send you a box with ingredients for meals of your choice. You have to prepare the meals yourself with clear instructions. I like it as I can make meals with difficult to find ingredients (like hoisin sauce or cilantro) and I'm hoping it will cut down on wastage
This was my first meal: Asian beef with asparagus and rice. Very nice it was too.

I have a few photos of my weekend in Antequera. (See Tuesday's blog):
Above you see my friend Encarna in the entrance of one of the dolmens we visited.
And there is me (with pink T-shirt) in the same one.

We also went to the El Torcal mountains to see the limestone formations: (and the view)
This formation (below) is called El Tornillo (el tor-nee-yo) which means 'the screw'.
I didn't take those above pictures, but I did take the one below with the beautiful flowers. There was a whole field full of them. Really pretty.
This last picture was taken in Antequera itself. A very beautiful old city.

That is all from me today. I'm having a lot of problems with my photos. I've finally been able to sort it all out on my PC. Good old PC!

I will be showing some funnies at the end, but now I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time. So in the meantime have a lovely weekend.
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca















































 

 




4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm doing a quick whizz round the blogs before we head off on an adventure [the first in our caravan this year].
Fab pics of your outing and those funnies are brilliant lol
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

Well you had fun in IKEA. I love those cushions. I can't wait for the new one to open in Almeria in July. It will be a much nicer journey for us.
It will be good to have all the walls painted and clean looking again.
Your outing looks interesting. It is so nice to get to see new places.
Lots of funnies to smile at this week Lisca.
By the way, your link on Annie's blog didn't work. I came via a different route. I hope you have a good week getting the house back in order.
Kate x

LA Paylor said...

your travel pics are awesome! it's not easy to deal with renovations. that's a big tv!

Anonymous said...

I think the pretty white flowers are asphodel - I loved seeing them wild in Morocco. Antequera looks gorgeous... Keren