Thursday 2 March 2023

Second on the 2nd - Thursday 2 March 2023 -

 Hello lovely ladies,

Today I am showing you a post from March 2016. We were still building our house and the photos you see are of the top floor apartment, where we lived for a few years and then moved downstairs to the ground floor when my husband was ill. I still live downstairs and have a lodger in the top flat. 

A Postcard A Day - Friday 18 March 2016 Friday Smiles

Good morning folks. It's Friday today and as always the week has flown by. I have gathered many of the positive moments of this week and I mean to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking My World Friday .

This post is photo heavy as I have much to show you.
First my postcard of today:

It is a card by my favorite illustrator Inge Löök. The two mad old ladies always make me smile. Here they are youwling with the cats on the roof at full moon. They also seem to be sweeping gold coins from the roof. I'm not sure what that is about. There is a symbol of the Red Cross charity in the corner, so perhaps it has something to do with that. 

The caption reads Happy Easter in Finnish. It was sent to me by Anne who writes that it was -4.2 degrees Centigrade (on the first of March). She writes: "We have 2 cats and a dog. I'm always happy and positive thinking. I love my life! I wish all good for you. Terveisin, Anne". (Terveisin translates as 'regards')

The flat is coming on and DH has been putting up lamps.

These lamps I brought back from Holland a few years ago. They match the large center lamp in the living room. But that one is not hanging up yet as the chain is not long enough. I'll show it when it´s up.
These three lights are for the terrace.
And this bulkhead light too.
Here I am posing by the new lights (hardly visible against the busy back ground).
The thingamajigs in between the tiles are spacers. DH has just finished tiling the terrace. They will be removed tomorrow.

Another thing that made me smile this week is a pick-up truck load of firewood. There's nothing more satisfying than knowing you have enough firewood to keep you warm in winter. 
Our stocks were low so we decided to get one more load. This is olive wood. We do not have central heating and every room has its stove. My craft room/living room has a wood burner and we still fire that up every day as I am a cold mortal.

 I have also treated myself to Photoshop PSCS6. It will be my 65th birthday on Wednesday and this is an early birthday present.  I'm having a go at digital scrapbooking. I'm doing a free online course with The Scrapaneers. It's quite complicated as the course is with Photoshop Elements which is not exactly the same as PS. On top of that, my Photoshop program is in Spanish, so it's taking me ages to figure out what to do. (Yes, I am taking notes).

Finally here are a few funny bar signs:



 Always read the small print!
And if you remember your chemistry...
That's it from me today. Sorry it has become quite along photo heavy post, so if you made it to down here I really appreciate that.

Have a good week,

Blessings,
Lisca

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember this post, Lisca. I remember the postcard, even though you have shown several of those Inge Look ladies.

It is nice to see how far you have come and what a lovely 3rd floor and balcony you have now, even if your renter is the one getting the good use of it today.

I didn't remember the funnies, but I like the "don't serve women" sign. Thanks so very, very much for sharing this second look with us on the 2nd, dear friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice repost and I love the funnies! Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely look back at your early days in your flat, hugs, Chrisx

Empire of the Cat said...

oh cool, I didn't realise you had built your home, what fun. Happy Second on the Second! Elle/EOTC xx