Tuesday 14 March 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 14 March 2023 - T for

 Hello lovely ladies,

I have a sweet postcard for you today. It is a house in Oberammergau called the Red Riding Hood house because of the mural paintings.




It was sent by my friend Maggie when she was there last year. It shows the so-called Red Riding Hood House

Oberammergau is a town in the Bavarian Alps. It is a municipality in the district of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, in BavariaGermany. The small town on the Ammer River is known for its woodcarvers and woodcarvings, for its NATO School, and around the world for its 380-year tradition of mounting Passion Plays.

Little Red Riding Hood House (Rotkäppchen Haus)
Address: Ettalerstrasse 48



The Little Red Riding Hood House: the building is adorned with fairy tale scenes. Nestled between the building’s gable, balcony, and windows are Little Red Riding Hood, her grandmother, the ravenous wolf, the heroic woodcutter, and Little Red Riding Hood’s mother.  Little Red Riding Hood was written by the Brothers Grimm.

Here is a scene from the side of the house:

I'm away from home so you are getting a shorter blogpost this week.

I'm at my sister's on the Costa del Sol. (Lucky me). The weather is lovely as you can see in the next photo:

In the past weekend my son visited and I hitched a lift with him to Malaga when he drove back to the airport.
Breakfast in the sun on the patio.
And the tea and the coffee on the table will have to be my qualifier for the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
Pruning the fruit trees.
My house seen from the side (now you can see it is four stories, but I live on the ground floor).
Having a drink with friends in the evening. (More drinks for the T-Party).

That is it from me this Tuesday. 
Happy T-Day all,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca











13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca safe travels-looks like a very fun week with family-hugs Happy T

Mae Travels said...

As usual, your postcard explanation has lots of captivating information about an unusual place and its inhabitants. The murals of the familiar fairy tale are a lot of fun to see. I hope you continue to enjoy your travels with family!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful house(s) and looks like you had very good times!
Happy T-Day!

nwilliams6 said...

You are always up to fun things, Lisca. Love to see your smiling face. Great looking house (yours) - very beautiful setting too for you and your Sisters. That house on the post card is super cool! Hugz and happy T-day!

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like life is not too bad and you have lots of love around you. I'm sure you still wish Graham was there, but you are still blessed with all your family and friends. Enjoy the nice weather at your sister's. We're having a major snowstorm today-grrr. It is too late in the season to want this kind of snowfall. And what a lovely house. The Red Riding Hood place is something I wouldn't mind visiting as it is very different from around where I live. Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was intrigued by that postcard and I really enjoyed the murals on the sides of the real Red Riding Hood House. I enjoyed the various scenes, too.

So nice you were able to have your son home, at least for a few days. Looks like, even when you were working, you were having fun. And it's great you are now at your sister's home. Yes, lucky you amid all those palm trees that are NOT in the photo of you by the pool. Nice you spent time with your friends, too. I am glad you are getting out and having a good time. Thanks for sharing your postcard, your time with your son, and your time with friends and at your sister's home with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

CJ Kennedy said...

When I was in high school, I had a trip to Germany and we drove through Oberammergau. A lot of the buildings had fairy tale murals on them. I took a picture of a shoe store with Cinderella as the mural. So fun. So nice that you visited your sister and your son came for the visit. It's snowing today so I'm enjoying the sunny and warm pictures you took. Happy T and Pi Day

Valerie-Jael said...

How lovely to be sitting in the sun instead of freezing! Aoberammergau is a very pretty place, My husband loved visiting there, as did my grandchildren. Have a happy T Day and a great week, hugs, Valerie

Carola Bartz said...

Oberammergau is a beautiful place, very scenic. It's nice to be there outside the tourist season and certainly not a good idea to be there during the Passion Plays. Thankfully they only happen every ten years.
Oh your weather - that sure looks lovely! Here it is still cold, very windy and it's raining a lot - which is still very welcome. It looks like the rest of the week will be dry and then more rain arriving on Saturday.

jinxxxygirl said...

Surrounded by friends and family! How lovely Lisca! You look like you are having a wonderul time! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous postcard this week. Love that wall mural, a real work of art. Loved seeing the pictures from the visit to your sister as well as the photo of your home.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

That Red Riding Hood house post card is really fun. I am glad you get to go visit your sister. Hugs. Happy T Day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous house. Great that you got to see your son and your sister. Lucky you getting out to do some gardening! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx