Friday 17 March 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 17 March 2023 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, 

How are you all? I have travelled from Malaga to the Netherlands and now I am staying with my mum who, as most of you will know, is 98 years old. She lives independently in her own apartment and it is always nice to go and see her.

My card for today is this one:

It comes from Germany, from a town called Hildesheim.
It can be found in the north of Germany and has a lovely historic centre. The photo shows a street called Brühl. 
The Brühl is a historic street in the southern part of downtown Hildesheim , which in addition to well-preserved half-timbered houses is home to several other significant sights.


The stamps are the normal run-of-the-mill stamps with the flowers. But they are very pretty nevertheless. 

On the left is the Centaurium. It is a genus of 20 species in the gentian family, tribe Chironieae, subtribe Chironiinae. The genus was named after the centaur Chiron, famed in Greek mythology for his skill in medicinal herbs. It is distributed across Europe and into Asia. (Wikipedia)

In the middle are the bluebells. Hyacinthoides is a genus of flowering plants in the family Asparagaceae, known as bluebells. (Wikipedia).

On the right is an aster. Asteraceae, also called Compositae, the aster, daisy, or composite family of the flowering-plant order Asterales. With more than 1,620 genera and 23,600 species of herbs, shrubs, and trees distributed throughout the world, Asteraceae is one of the largest plant families.

What else can I tell you? I have had a lovely time with my son who came over for a flying visit (just a weekend) but we managed to pack a lot into that weekend.

One morning we went to the plot to see what my fruit trees were doing. They needed pruning and watering. We also weeded.

On Saturday night he took me out to dinner.

We had croquettes, a Cesar salad, and a platter of 'all-sorts'. I must admit it was so much we couldn't finish it and had to take some of it home....

Then on Monday we drove to Malaga where he took his flight home and I met up with my sister at Ikea. A visit to Ikea is a treat for me as we live so far from the nearest store. So I checked out all sorts of side boards and tv furniture. 

I stayed two nights at my sister's in Marbella. 
They have a beautiful tropical garden and my b-i-l was picking lemons:

And this was the harvest for that day:

One last photo of my and my sister outside the restaurant:


That is it from me today. I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time.

Have a lovely weekend and
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca

I am not at my computer at home so I don't have that many funnies. 



“Uh-oh! You forgot to circle back with Ravi and Jess about weekend plans. Spend the next turn seeing if Sunday is a possibility.” Cartoon by Lars Kenseth

“I may look goofy, but I’m in the New York ‘Times’ crossword puzzle way more than Alan Alda.” Cartoon by Ken Levine


I ran out of coins














5 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, loving the pretty stamps it must be great to receive so many beautiful things in the post but I'm wondering how you store them. Great pics of you with your friends and family and hope your mum is doing well she is so lucky at her age to be able to live independantly. Enjoyed the funnies too especially the sheep, very clever. Take care and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, angela xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you had a good time at your sister's home. I really want to visit their home (grin). And it was great to see your son again, too. Your meal looks really delicious.

How nice you are now at your mother's. I hope she is doing well.

My favorite funny was the tortoise and the two hares playing scrabble. Have a super weekend. Enjoy your time away.

mamapez5 said...

I see we used the same picture on our blogs today. It is so true and very lovely. it was good to have your son to help out at the 'plot'. it also sounds as though you had a good time with your sister. We have a new IKEA opening in Almeria hopefully this year. They are recruiting staff now. It will be colser than either of the ones we have visited so far.
I hope your mum is keeping well and you have a poleasant time together.
I like the Hungry caterpillar meme. Kate x

Annie said...

Lovely photos of you with your family members....how special. I hope you have a wonderful time with your mum. Love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

It is wonderful that your Mother is so fit!
:-) I studied in Hildesheim and remember once around Christmas in the late 1990s my flatmates, Ingo and I went to the heart of the city in the dark and 5 or six Christmas Coca Cola-Trucks slowly drove through, it was something! Sadly no one thought of bringing a camera...
Fun times with your Son! Wow, t-shirt weather?
Fun we all meet up at IKEA...
Nice, now I have that lemontree-song in my ear...Love the last one most.
Have a nice weekend, hugs