Friday 30 December 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 30 December 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

It's almost the end of the year. And this will be the last Friday Smiles if 2022. Let me start with a lovely steampunk postcard:


It was sent to me by Kae, who lives in Hokkaido, Japan. I don’t think the artist was mentioned on the card. If it was, I didn’t make a note of it. Sorry.

The stamps are pretty and dainty:

The stamp on the left was issued celebrating International Letter Writing Week. (2022). 

International Letter Writing Week, spanning the one-week period that includes October 9, was established at the 14th Universal Postal Union Congress held in Ottawa, Ontario, in 1957 with the aim of contributing to world peace by encouraging cultural exchanges among the people of the world through letter writing.

In Thailand and Japan. International Letter Writing Week is a highly-active event while the UPU focuses more on the International Letter-Writing Competition for Young People (established 1969) and World Post Day. The theme for the 2016 competition is “Write a letter to your 45-year-old self.

I’m still in the Netherlands with my mum. Just the two of us. But the other day my cousin, his wife and their son came to visit.
The son has the same age as my son.

Yes, we had lots of fun.

My 98 yr old mum.

I try to go for a walk every day, and yesterday I walked 7 km. One of the canals I walked past had a heron, who gladly posed for me.
My mum says that this heron is always there.


I’m going to link this with Annie’s blog A Stitch In Time and of course I’ll put some funnies at the end just to make you chuckle.

Wishing everyone a very happy, and healthy 2023.
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



















6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

I am glad you have had a happy time with your mum, and saw other family members too.
I am not a fan of steampunk but that card is pretty amazing and the stamps are very pretty.
You heron reminds me of one we saw at a waterfall when we were touring around Ireland in 2012. We spent ages trying to decide whether it was real until it eventually flew away!
I know it will be hard for you when you return to Spain, but I continue to keep you in my prayers. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you are enjoying your time with your mother. She looks like she was having as much fun as you had. It sounds and looks like you are having good weather there. Here it is too cold to walk, especially that far. Nice some of the family could visit, too.

Some cute funnies, Lisca. Enjoy your time with your mother and have a memory building New Year, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Nice you had such a good time. To a good 2023!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, so pleased you've had a nice Christmas you all look really happy. I am so in love with the Steampunk postcard. I don't mind herons as long as they are not in my garden. The one thing that really made me smile today was the funny about the Beatles LP. My father bought me that in 1964 and I still have it. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year. Hugs Angela xXx

Annie said...

I'm so pleased to hear you're still enjoying time with your Mum in Holland.....prescious times together. Love the funnies.
Wishing you a happy healthy New Year my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful postcards and photos. Happy New Year!