Friday 16 December 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 16 December 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

I can't believe that I haven't done a Friday blog for so long! I do apologize. I hope you have been able to read my Tuesday blog posts and will know that my dear Graham died peacefully on November the 29th. And it's been a busy few days.

But let me show you my postcard for today:

It comes to me from Germany and I like it because I imagine it is Graham sending me lots of love.

The stamps are pretty. I like the origami bird (a crane I assume).


Today we share our smiles and happy moments of our week with Annie at A Stitch In Time. Although it has been a very sad time, I have had plenty to smile about.

After the funeral (Saturday the 3rd) I had a friend come over from Bristol to stay with me those first days on my own.  That was great. We went grocery shopping as I slowly got myself organized, and we were at Lidls, where I saw this Chrismassy track suit/lounge suit. I loved it but then decided I'd better not start spending money as I had a lot of bills. My friend bought it for me as a Christmas present! Isn't that nice!

While she was here I treated her to some yummy fish and just going to the fish monger in the village was quite a treat for her.

Before she was due to fly home again, we were invited at our friends' house (David and Patricia) for some pizza.

 So you see I have had a lot to smile about.

Another big smile was a visit to the post office when a large parcel had arrived:

It was my new suitcase! I have bought a Ryanair compatible suitcase and also a carry-on bag which Ryanair allows, as it fits under the seat. This one also has straps so I can carry it as a rucksack.

I'm pretty pleased and all poised to go to the Netherlands to spend Christmas with my mum.
Next week I'm going together with a friend to the hairdresser in Baza to have my hair cut short. When her husband picks us up, we will go out for lunch somewhere as I will catch the bus to Malaga later that afternoon. I'll be staying with my sister in Marbella and then fly to the Netherlands after a few days. Most of you know that my mother still lives on her own. She is 98 years old and I'm so glad I can spend the holidays with her.
All exciting stuff!

That is it from me today. 
Of course there will be some funnies at the end.
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca















6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Lovely to see you posting again Lisca. I am glad the funeral went smoothly and thenyour friend came to help you through those first difficult days. How very thoughtful.
The red suit was a kind gift and looks good on you.
I hope you find your mum in good health and you spend a happy Christmas with her. Love Kate x

Annie said...

It's so good to see you joining in today. I was pleased to see you had the support of your friend and to hear that you are spending Christmas with your Mum....I'm sure that will do you both good. I love your Christmas outfit.
Big hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, we've missed you. Pleased to see you have such good friends to support you. Loving the new lounge suit you look great in it. I've been out all day today with friends so I know how important they are especially during difficult times. Pleased to see you are organised for your trip too and wishing you and your mum a very happy Christmas xXx

Virginia said...

So lovely to see you posting and managing to find some positives. I'm glad you had a friend visit you and what a lovely Christmas gift too. You seem to have lots of family and friends supporting you and now off to visit your sister and then on to see your Mum, safe travels xxxx

Iris Flavia said...

You have my deepest respect. I know we have to go on. No idea if I could. Glad you have friends and plans and can laugh and smile still.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize for being so late visiting. I attended a funeral that turned into a two day event. I hope you can relate!

Your postcard is precious. So glad it lifted your spirits. That lounging suit is adorable. You have a very, very dear friend there, Lisca.

I spoke to Sharon (Foxy Stamping) two nights ago and she asked about you. She didn't know about Graham and sent her sincere sympathies.

So glad you are able to spend Christmas with your mother. It was during that time that Graham started feeling bad, so I suspect this trip will bring some joy and some sorrow. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Enjoy your time with your mother and your new purchase.

I'll be singing Under Pressure by Queen all night thanks to you (grin).