Tuesday 13 December 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 13 December 2022 - T for promises

 Hello lovely ladies, I'm back again to join the T-Party, hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard.  It's all a bit strange but friends are making sure I'm not on my own a lot. Let me show you my postcard for today and then I'll tell you what I've been up to.


The card comes to me from Germany. The translation reads: "God fulfills not all our desires, but all his promises."

The stamp is the Pied Piper of Hamlin.


The legend dates back to the Middle Ages, the earliest references describing a piper, dressed in multicolored ("pied") clothing, who was a rat catcher hired by the town to lure rats away with his magic pipe. When the citizens refuse to pay for this service as promised, he retaliates by using his instrument's magical power on their children, leading them away as he had the rats. This version of the story spread as folklore and has appeared in the writings of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the Brothers Grimm, and Robert Browning, among others.

There are many contradictory theories about the Pied Piper. Some suggest he was a symbol of hope to the people of Hamelin, which had been attacked by plague; he drove the rats from Hamelin, saving the people from the epidemic.

I've had a very good week. A friend from the UK asked me if I would like some company, and she hopped on a flight last week and spent 6 days with me. She was a tonic! 



One of the things we did was put up some modest decorations. Some tinsel on the glass cabinet and the window sill of a high window. But that window sill is above the sofa and doesn't get dusted very often! So we had to get the feather duster out.

We went shopping one day and I bought a red throw for the sofa, and to match with my two cute little doggies.

And of course the photo of Graham and me got the tinsel treatment:



The weather was bad (for Spanish standards):


We had a lot of rain (much needed) but it was combined with gale force winds. Nasty.

But my English friend was determined she was going to sit outside, come rain or shine:




So because of the weather we didn't go anywhere. We stayed mostly at home and cooked nice things. One day we cooked rabbit:

Cooked it in my dutch oven.

As this is T-Day, I should show you a drink. My glass of wine is not really visible in the above photo, so I'll do another one.
This time it is a cup of herbal tea with my scrambled egg on toast breakfast:

Lastly I want to show you a photo of our cat who lives in the shed and on the top terrace:
She's very shy, but doesn't run away anymore when I come up to feed her. We call her Scallywag (This name dates from the time she was a naughty kitten).


That is it from me today. I apologize for not visiting and commenting so much these days. Thank you for your patience. I promise in the new year I will get myself in some sort of routine and will visit as many of you as I can.

This is an image from Bologna (Italy)

Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca






14 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful friend Lisca. That was a true blessing. I'm thinking of you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamp! You have an awesome friend-so glad she came to be with you for a bit. the food looks good too-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you posting again. Your postcard from Germany is lovely. Hameln is a pretty little town, and they were selling marzipan rats everywhere! So gla your friend has been staying with you, what a blessing. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lovely to see/hear that you have the wonderful support of your friends out there Lisca. I'm sending you much love and think of you often.
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you get along with having friends by your side. I´ve never been to Hameln but the story is known to every kid (my age?).
    I wish you all the best. Sweet memories and a future to look forward to. Dumb words, but they are at least true...

    ReplyDelete

  6. You are coping so well: it’s good to see that your friend is supporting you. I’m sure you have moments of many emotions, and I hope you’ll continue to find help and solace in your friends and your inner strength.

    Kirkjufell mountain in Iceland is the image in your post card — though it’s been colorized rather dramatically! It’s an amazing sight, even in its natural colors.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you have good support during these difficult days. Your decorations look like they'd bring back some fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i 'm so glad your friend came for a visit. She seems to be just the thing for these times.. And what a cute kitty! Happy T day Lisca! Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely of your friend to come and stay, what a tonic she must have been and I love how you've been decorating for Christmas. The picture of you and Graham is beautiful and of course had to get the tinsel treatment 😊. Take care and sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post. You have a good friend and I know she made the week feel better. That was quite a storm. Hmmmm I love rabbit. My kids and I used to hunt rabbit. We would come home skin, gut and cut up the rabbits and then bake them in the over with peaches and cinnamon. Soo good. Thanks for bringing back that memory for me. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The postcard is striking and the sentiment is lovely. Very cool stamp. What a good friend to come and stay with you. Sounds like a perfect time of relaxing and comfort food. Scallywag is very pretty, too. Take care and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisca, I haven't visited in a while and I just read a few of your back posts - I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet and adorable husband. Giant hugz to you and your family. I didn't know him, but this hurts my heart to see the world and you lose him.

    So glad your sweet friend came to visit as well and that you had lots of quality time with her.

    I need the pied piper to come visit and take away some mice - I heard one in my craft room so now I am afraid. We have traps everywhere. Hubby thinks I was imagining it, but I wasn't.....urgh.

    Hugz to you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Christmas decorations look lovely, Lisca. I especially love that the photo of you and Graham is front and center.

    What a blessing that your friend was able to just hop on the plane to come see you! No one should be alone after loss. I am praying for you to experience God's comfort through this holiday season.

    Your food looks delicious. Our stores in the USA don't sell rabbit, at least none that I have been to. If one wants rabbit here, one must kill it. Do they sell it in the store in Spain?

    Happy Belated Tea Day.
    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to be so late visiting. I am having all kinds of trouble getting your blog to load for me. It will no longer load from my sidebar, either.

    Your postcard is lovely and I enjoyed reading about the pied piper, too.

    Loved seeing your friend come to stay with you for six days. That was truly a blessing. She was having fun with that duster. I have one like it, but it never gets used!

    I have never been fond of rabbit. We had it at Easter several years when I was a child. Not sure if they were sold then or my grandfather shot it. Thanks for sharing your wine, your herbal tea, your postcard, and your Christmas decorations with us for T this week.

    I've tried three times to leave a comment and it failed to publish. FRUSTRATING!!

    ReplyDelete