Tuesday 27 December 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 27 December 2022 - T for Temari and temples

 Hello lovely ladies,

How are the holidays going? I'm in Holland at the moment, visiting my mother. We have had a lovely cozy Christmas, just the two of us. I cooked something nice and we ate and reminisced and watched some tv, etc.

I'm sorry I'm so late. I thought it was Monday today and instead I realized quite late in the day that it was Tuesday, so I am late at the party. 

Let me first show you my postcard for today:

It was sent by from a Dutchman living in Krete. The card shows the Parthenon temple in Athens. The Parthenon is a former temple on the Athenian Acropolis, Greece, that was dedicated to the godess Athena during the 5th century BC.

The stamp is beautiful. It features the Koules or Castello a Mare, which is a fortress located at the entrance of the old port of Heraclion, on Crete, Greece.

It was built by the Repubic of Venice in the early 16th century, and is still in good condition today.

Around the same time I received a postcard from my friend Maggie who is now retired and travels a lot. She was in Italy. In Sicily to be precise. 
She visited the  Tempio della Concordia (Temple of Concordia), which is an ancient Greek temple in the Valle dei Templi in Agrigento on the south coast of Sicely, Italy. It is the largest and best-preserved Doric temple in Sicely and one of the best-preserved Greek temples in eneral, especially of the Doric order.
The stamp is interesting. It is all about Ferrari Trento. No, nothing to do with the cars but the winery. Ferrari Trento celebrated the 120 years since the foundation of the winery.


 Certainly, a great deal has changed since that long-ago year of 1902, when Giulio Ferrari decided to create a small cellar a short distance away from Trento’s Cathedral and produce just a few highly select bottles. 
This bottle of bubble could be my ticket to Elizabeth and Bleubeard's T-Party.

Now let me show you one of my most beautiful Christmas presents:
It was my lovely friend Dian who gifted me these two stunningly beautiful 'baubles'. 

They are hand made by someone called Sarah Stubley.

And the artform is called Temari and it is Japanese.




What have I been up to? Well, I've had my hair cut:
I went together with my friend Kim (on the left).
Then I got on the bus to Malaga where my sister came to collect me and I stayed at her house for two nights. While I was there we walked along the boardwalk to Marbella:
It took us about an hour to walk. It's a really lovely walk.
And the weather was lovely (I'm almost feeling guilty when I think of my blog friends in the US where they are experiencing awful blizzards.)

I know that Elizabeth loves palm trees, so here there are a few.
My sister and I stopped somewhere for lunch. We ordered a Scandinavian platter:
And we drank some blush rosé. Very delicious. Another qualifier for the T-Party!

That is it from me. Sorry I'm late.
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca








11 comments:

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Lisca, the weather looks lovely in Marbella, and nice to see blue skies, it's so grey here at the moment. I love those yarn baubles, how beautiful. Hope you are enjoying being back in Holland with your mum. Happy Holidays and Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Carola Bartz said...

The baubles are amazing - I wonder how they are made. Lovely Scandinavian platter, it looks delicious and so does the rosé wine. We have a Ferrari winery as well, it's called Ferrari-Carano and their wine is quite good. The winemakers who founded it were second generation Italian-Americans. Enjoy the time with your mom in Holland and all the best for 2023.

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like you're having a quiet but nice holiday with your Mom. It's good you could go spend it with her . And those baubles are really amazing. Such precision and neatness. I noticed that because if I did I am sure it would be a mess-smile. Marbella looks lovely. I like the idea of needing long sleeves and a vest to walk. I just came home from my attempt here and the wind was so cold that my eyes kept running as did my nose. But at least we don't have that blizzard. Those poor people. Enjoy your visit with your Mom. Happy T day and happy New years. I wish you a blessed 2023. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, looks like the perfect weather for you to enjoy the holiday. Glad you could be with your Mum and also spend time with your sister too. Your not late for T-hugs Enjoyed the postcards you shared, your plate of foods looks delicious. oh did you recieve the Christmas card I sent? Happy T and coming up Happy New Year
Kathy

nwilliams6 said...

Lisca, so happy you are visiting family and having a nice holiday - so nice you have almost forgotten what day it is (lol). Lovely balls (so interesting and pretty), great postcards and stamps, and great looking food and drink too. Happy T-day, happy traveling/visiting, and Happy New Year. Hugz

jinxxxygirl said...

Ah Lisca you are not as late as me! I noticed i'am following you around leaving comments..lol...What lovely photos! And yes we were freezing! Both my toilets froze!! But only for a day so you are forgiven..lol I'm glad you are spending time with your family dear Lisca. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

DVArtist said...

You look as beautiful as ever. I am glad you are with family and friends. Wonderful looking meal. Much love and hugs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize that I am late visiting. I can't get my blog POST to load, but I got my blog to load once and now I am afraid to refresh it in case I won't be able to see it at all. Please be aware I am truly honored and sincerely delighted you shared your wine with Bleubeard and me for T this Tuesday. I am so grateful for your friendship and fellowship over a drink. Thank you for joining us for T today.

You really got a hair cut. I like it. I also LOVED seeing you near those palm trees. Glad you had a good time with your sister and later, your mother.

Bleubeard and I also want to wish you a very happy holiday and a safe, healthy, joyous 2023.

Iris Flavia said...

Now this is scary.
Ingo just popped in to ask me to change the TV-channel.
Ferrari. And what do I find here? Juts really they show the car.

Nice to learn you had a good Christmas with your Mum! Beautifull baubles, too!
New haircut sounds (and looks) good. And the landscape. And to see you smile. You have my respect.
Hugs!

Kate Yetter said...

Your meal looks delicious!
So glad that you got to spend time with your mom, sister and friend. The weather does look beautiful. We have been having ice and snow but thankfully it is supposed to warm up this week.
Love your hair cut!
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, those baubles are amazing, so beautiful and such a wonderful gift! Sounds like you've had quite the adventure travelling to meet family and friends this Christmastime 😊. Your meal and rose looks delicious. Happy T Day wishes and wishing you all the very best for the New Year! Hugs Jo x