Tuesday 26 April 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 26 April 2022 - T for Granada

 Hello lovely ladies, 

Today I have a postcard from Granada as I’m not at home, but still in Granada. Hubby is having his radiotherapy every day, so we are here until that finishes in May.


It is a photo of the famous fountain of the lions in the Alhambra palace. The lions have been restored https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_the_Lions#cite_note-:0522-6

I tried to paste some information but it came up with a link.We have been to the Alhambra a few times so we are not visiting this time. Hubby is tired all the time and is in bed a lot, but today (Monday) it was nice weather and we’ve been out and about. Let me see if I can find some photos from this week.
I go off on my own while hubby is having his treatment, and the other day I walked down one of the main avenues. The middle segment was pedestrianised. It had lots of sculptures. Here is a lady with some chairs. 

When I walked back, there were three real life ladies sitting on the chairs, having a lively discussion!


Let me find a photo with a drink in it, after all, this is the T-party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard.

Here we were having a drink. Hubby an alcohol free drink and I a white wine called Verdejo. The waiter remembered that I liked that because we were there a few days ago.The meat in the middle is the free tapas we get here with our drinks.
Today we went to a large supermarket called Auchamps . Living in a village, a large store is a treat, and we walk around looking at the food..


That’s it from me. It’s taken me more than an hour to do this, fiddling about on my iPad.

Happy T-Day all,

Hugs,

Lisca


12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Hope the hubby's radiotherapy is going well. I hope you are getting out a little bit while he rests. That has to be tough on both of you. And wow, you'd never see so many hams hanging like that in the US. It is a great photo of just how different things can be, but how alike we are too. I think most people enjoy having lots of choices in the food shopping stores. Hope all goes well. Happy T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

good morning Lisca, Those lions are amazing and I really loved the sculpture with the chairs-that was really unique. neat that you got a postcard from Granada and that is where you are. healing prayers for you husband Your tapas with your drinks looks delicious
That large store must have been amazing when you usually shop at some stores. Happy T-hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Lisa. Granada is a lovely place to be, but your hubby is going through a lot with the radiotherapy, and I can understand him being tired. All the best for his treatment! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Loved seeing a bit of the village you are staying in. The sculpture is wonderful! Glad you are getting out while hubby is getting his treatments and resting. Must be hard for both of you. Sending get well wishes across the pond. Happy T day!

jinxxxygirl said...

This must be such a hard time for you both.. Sending you strength and love.. I like that statue of the woman with the chairs.. Its like she's standing there eavesdropping.. lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Let's Art Journal said...

Hope your hubbys treatment is going well! So nice to see you both out and about in Granada 😁. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

It seems you´re doing well, or... the happiest and best you can. Having a sick hubby here I sure am with you (he´s doing OK mostly). To a happy T-Day and hugs.

Carola Bartz said...

You're making the best of the difficult times you're going through right now. I hope that your husband's treatment will be successful. The Alhambra is so beautiful, I would love to visit one day.

Kate Yetter said...

Lisca, I loved seeing that first photo. I am going to do a little more research as that palace has caught my eye. Gorgeous architecture. It looks like a lovely place to explore while your hubby gets his treatments. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your adventures in Granada.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

DVArtist said...

You know I have Graham and you in my prayers. This is a lovely place and I am glad you get out a bit. I love the grocery store there. Have a good day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Being late has its advantages, at least for me. Sorry to read that Graham has taken a turn for the worse and is now in hospital. I hope it's just a minor setback. He will definitely be in my thoughts.

Your postcard is lovely. I like those lions. I bet we see this at Kate's one of these weeks.

It was good to see Graham before the turn for the worse. That was a large market, too.

Please stay safe and let us know of any changes that occur. Thanks for sharing your postcard, your trip to the market, and your tapas and drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Sharon Madson said...

Congrats on doing your post on your iPad. I don't know if I could. I like the lady with some chairs sculpture. I hope your husband does awesome with the treatments. Hugs.- Sharon