Friday 22 April 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 22 April 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Today is going to be a short post. Not because there is little to smile about, but because  we are away from home. In fact we are staying in our capital city Granada. We have found accommodation opposite the entrance to the hospital where hubby is having his daily treatment. So that is absolutely fab. It’s what they call Airbnb. Not that it includes breakfast but we have a room, a bathroom and we share the kitchen with the lady of the house. ( who is very nice)

Because I’m not receiving any mail, I’m showing you a postcard of the Alhambra, the palace Granada is famous for:




I haven’t sent it to anyone yet but over the weekend I will.

When hubby is having his treatment ( in the morning) I can go for walks in the area. Here are some photos of places I’ve been. When I walked one street away from where we are staying, I walked past a large old bullring:



Bottom left on the last photo, just behind the tree, you can see a reddish sign. That is a restaurant. Little did I know then, that a day later a friend of ours would take us there in the evening!



We had a lovely evening with her in that amazing place.



The lady of the house is a doctor at the hospital ( now doing a teaching stint) and she has a cat called ‘Flea’. Don’t worry, she has no fleas.

Here is another place not far from where we are. Southern European cities are generally ugly, but there are some little gems like this:


It’s on a large busy roundabout. 

Her are my collages. Not in order because Blogger wouldn’t do it any other way.








I haven’t been able to find any funnies, apart from this one:



I’m going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time to join in with this week’s smiles. Why don’t you join me.
Have a lovely weekend,
hugs,
Lisca


6 comments:

Annie said...

How lovely to be so close to Graham while he’s having his treatment...I hope it’s going well for him.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca. The dog print you asked about, the original is by Kelly Stevens-McLaughlan. There are loads of other dog prints all quirky like this one and great fun too. Now back to you my dear. I am so pleased you have found somewhere nice to stay and what a great chance to visit Granada. I have great memories of Spain though we haven't been for many years. It's lovely to see you both having a good time and your mum looking well too. Take care both of you and sending hugs, Angela xXx

Celtic house said...

Oh I'm glad you were so close to the hospital, it must have been so much better for Graham than the long ambulance journey. The city is really beautiful as well and you got some blue sky days. Loving the collages, your Easter egg looks mighty tasty. Hope you have a lovely weekend

mamapez5 said...

It must have been better for you both to stay near the hospital this week. I hope Graham's treatment is going well.
I love Granada. It is a lovely city. I have spent many hours rambling around there.
I am afraid I was having a too busy tie with my family to post this week, but weare having a rest day today so I thought I would do a quick round of visits to you all. Kate x

DVArtist said...

I agree with the others that you were close to hospital. You and Graham look so good together.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice you were able to stay at that Airbnb. Great that the two of you don't have to spend so much tine away from each other and that Graham doesn't have a 3 hr trip in an ambulance each day.

Granada is a lovely city. Nice you could stay so close to the hospital. I never have problems with my photos out of order because I load them ONE at a time. Looks like you were able to eat a lot of great food this week, too.