Friday 15 April 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 15 April 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

How was your week? Lots to smile about? Let me show you some really lovely smiles on this postcard that I received last week:

Of course it's Queen Elizabeth. The card was sent to me by Jo, who lives in Windsor, near Windsor Castle. It put a smile on my face.

Our week was okay although we are exhausted from getting up at 6 every morning. Hubby has to be ready at 7 for the hospital transport to pick him up to take him to Granada (2 hours in the ambulance) , then hanging around in the hospital, getting his treatment etc and then wait for the transport to take him home. Another 2 hours, dropping off other people on the way. No wonder he spends the rest of the day in bed!

The good news is that he now has 4 'days off'. Thursday through to Sunday. Back on Monday to continue his treatment. Hurray for having a lie-in!

The other good news is that we booked an Air bnb in Granada, next to the hospital for the whole of next week. We're both looking forward to that. 

I'm afraid I didn't do many collages this week, but what I've got I'll show you.

We've had awful weather, but on Saturday the sun shown and we were invited for lunch by our friends. 

They managed to prepare something that hubby can have with his strange low residue diet. And we had a lovely time.
Sunday we had a lie-in again and when we wanted to watch the online church service from Bristol, the Internet went. So we didn't have Internet for a couple of hours, but it came back later luckily (no idea what the reason was).

On Monday, after hubby had rested, we went into town to do the shopping and pop into the local hospital for an errand. There is a helipad next to the hospital with 'our' helicopter on it, but next to it was another pad with another helicopter, which was just warming up. We stood and watched it leave. I love watching helicopters.
Dinner was scotch egg. I didn't know it was called that. I had some chicken mince and was thinking what I should do with that, when I had an idea to boil a couple of eggs, and then wrapped the seasoned mince around it, flattened it and cooked it in the Remoska. It was really nice. Will certainly do that again.


On Tuesday I didn't do much. Our chickens are still laying 4 sometimes 5 eggs a day, so we have many egg breakfasts. Here is hubby making  scrambled eggs on toast:


And Wednesday was another good day as I went to town with our friends. We went to the market to buy small vegetable plants for Kim, then popped into to a few different supermarkets. By the time we got home, hubby had arrived too and couple of hours chatting and catching up. Hurray for good friends!

I'm writing this on Thursday which was the first of hubby's 'days off'. So we just lounged about and relaxed. It is a very dull day with rain and wind. Not nice. Look at that dark sky!:



That were the highlights of my week. Now it's time to join Annie at A Stitch In Time. Please join us with what made you smile this week.

Next week more news from me and hopefully more photos as I shall be in 'the big city'!

Have a great weekend and for those who celebrate it: Happy Easter!

Hugs,

Take care,

Lisca


If popsicles had art classes, this would be their nude model:



This wall art is by Cité Création and is found in Lyon (France) 





8 comments:

Annie said...

What a schedule Graham is having to keep to for his treatment...the long days must be so tiring. Have a lovely Easter break and enjoy your time away next week.
Hugs,
Annie x

My name is Erika. said...

I love today's postcard Lisca. It made me smile just looking at it. And sounds like a good week. Hope you have a great weekend and see you for T on Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful stamps Lisca, she really was a pretty lady in her younger years and still has that gorgeous smile. That schedule sounds really hard and I bet you're both glad you're getting a bit of a rest from it. There is one thing I have to say about Graham he always has a smile on his face so I know he must be a very positive person despite everything that's going on. Loving the funnies too. Have a good rest and a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Her majesty's birthday is the 21st, a day before mine. I think that was the reason my grandmother decided my first name. My mother could have cared less. I really never knew my mom and am so glad to have been raised by my grands. But I digress.

Sorry to read about Graham. It was great you will be much closer to him next week. I bet it will be expensive, but well worth it to Graham. Looks like you had a full week, regardless.

Have a lovely Easter, dear. I hope it is relaxing for both of you.

mamapez5 said...

That was a tough week for Graham, and for you too I would think. Next week will be better and there is so much for you to enjoy in Granada.
I am envious of all your fresh eggs. Your chooks are doing you proud
It was nice to spend time with friends. Hope you have a peaceful and blessed Easter. Kate x

LA Paylor said...

I like hearing about your lives and your week. I'm excited you get 4 days off and are going to Grenada. Sounds really exotic. I made scrambled egg quesadilla's today, lots of veggies, cheese and scrambled eggs with tortilla folded over.
best of luck...

DVArtist said...

My prayers for Graham always. You are so busy and I would say that is a good thing. I love see the things you do every week. Have a lovely weekend.

Celtic house said...

I hope Graham's treatment isn't proving too gruelling and that he is able to rest in between, the long journey doesn't sound fun, so I can understand the idea of an AirBnB.

Hugs