Friday 8 April 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 8 April 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again on Friday. It's been a hard week, but there certainly were smiles as well. It's good to focus on the good moments and the smiles, isn't it.

I received lots of postcards this week, and this was one of them:

It comes from Finland and was sent to me by someone called Heidi. I like this timeless photo of the child with that wistful expression on her face. 
The stamp is delicious! Chocolate!

Karl Fazer Milk Chocolate, commonly known as Fazer Blue , is a Finnish brand of milk chocolate owned by the Fazer corporation. The common name derives from the iconic blue color of its wrapper, which is a registered color trademark of the Fazer corporation.

Fazer Blue is often ranked as the best-selling confectionery in Finland. It also regularly polls as the most respected brand among Finns.

The chocolate is widely considered a part of Finnish cultural heritage and cuisine. It owes its unique taste to the use of fresh milk in production, as opposed to powdered and condensed milk commonly used in chocolate manufacturing. Compared to other chocolates, Fazer Blue also has a relatively high milk concentration. 

The chocolate was brought to market in 1922. According to the Fazer corporation, the Swiss recipe was a gift to the Fazer family from an Englishman. The recipe has remained unchanged since.

In 2001, the Fazer Blue color, Pantone C 280  , became Finland's first color trademark.[3] At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Karl Fazer Milk Chocolate sponsored the Finnish sailing team.


My husband has started his radiotherapy in Granada.  Granada is an hour and a half drive from here, but the  transport is free. It's an 'ambulance' minibus that picks up other people on the way, so he gets picked up at 7 in the morning and he's usually back by two. It's quite tiring but we are so thankful that we have free healthcare and I don't have to drive there myself. What a blessing. 

Because my week has been a bit topsy-turvy, I haven't got many collages or funnies. I'll show you what I've got:

Hubby still has this low-residue diet, so our dinners are not very colorful.

Friday it was still raining and I went to the gym in the rain. Hubby spent most of the day in bed as he was not having a good day. I managed to coax him out of bed with pancakes! 

Saturday was a good day (and the sun came out!) We went to our plot for an hour or so to pull some weeds and after hubby had rested for a few hours he felt well enough to join us for Intercambio, the language exchange group. But the venue we normally use was being used by another group (there was a mountainbike race on Sunday morning and they were preparing stuff.) So, we just went to the bar!

On Sunday morning we made it to church, which was lovely. Again the weather was dry. 

Then from Monday onwards I have very few photos. But on Tuesday it snowed!
I forgot to take pictures of our patio but this is our friends' outlook.
This was our meal on Wednesday: Omelet and (air fryer) chips.

Then on Thursday we woke up to this:
Then I went outside to take a picture without the window:

Finally sunshine with a clear blue sky! Wonderful!

I haven't had time to find many funnies, but this popped up this morning:

I'll look through my old files and see if there is something you might not have seen....

That is it I'm afraid,
I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time. By all means join me there for some more smiles.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



















7 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry to hear Graham is suffering with his treatment. Hope it works quickly and he’s back to his old self soon.
Sending you both big hugs.
Annie x

DVArtist said...

Your post is lovely as always but I want you to know that I have you and Graham in our prayers and sending healing energy to you both.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, before I forget the dragon in the castle is there as part of the celebrations for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. I guess it seems apropraite for uch an old building to have a dragon as it was built by William the Conqueror in the 11th Century and there is only one more in the country like it as it has two Mottes. Any way enugh of that, what have you been up to my friend. Beautiful postcard and I like the chocolate stamp or is it the chocolate I like! I was sad to hear that Graham had a bad day but I'm sure he'll beat this. My mother had cancer in her 60's and she is now 94 so I know you can overcome even the worst illness. Take care and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Great you have the health covered that well - hope it all turns out well very soon!
Fun facts about the chocolate. A history-lesson I like :-) You would make a great teacher in real life.

LA Paylor said...

your post is full of goodness... how difficult and frightening your husband's treatment is.... may it do the job and he come out healthy
love, leeAnna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read that Graham has both good and bad days. I hope soon that the good will outweigh the bad. Actually your meals look quite good to me. I am very hungry in fact.

That's a lovely postcard and that chocolate stamp has me wanting some right now. Loved the bunny funny. So sweet. Sorry I'm late visiting. Been offline, but not by choice.



Celtic house said...

Hello sweetie, I'm sorry you are feeling low, however it is understandable given that your hubby is going through the mill. Try and keep a positive outlook and continue celebrating the positives, I hope you have a good week.

Biggest hugs