Tuesday 15 February 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 15 February 2022 - T for Postcrossing and flowers

 Hello lovely ladies,

How are you all? I am back home! I got home an hour ago, and hubby made me a hot drink (Should have been champagne as it's Valentine's Day, but we didn't fancy that). I'm tired and want to go to bed, so this post is going to be short.

I have a fun card from Russia:

It is perfect for T-Day as it has a samovar with a tea pot on it and the cat has upset the tea cup. I like it that is has a balalaika (string instrument) in the picture and there is one on the stamp too:

It was sent to me by Natalia, who lives in Siberia with her husband. She has visited Spain several times and has even been to Granada.

The card was designed  and illustrated by Andrew Tarusov.

On Sunday I flew to Malaga where my sister and brother-in-law collected me from the airport. I spent the night at their house . The first thing we did was have a G&T in the garden. I had come from the Netherlands, where it is cold, so I was a bit warm in my jumper.
 They live in Marbella, and the next morning me and my sister went for a long walk along the beach boardwalk. That is a walking path that runs for many kilometers. We walked 7 km, had a coffee somewhere and then walked back again.
Again, I was sweating in the warm weather. I hadn't brought a change of clothes with me as I have clothes at my mum's house.
I thought Elizabeth would like to see the palm trees.
I got on the bus to Granada (From Malaga) at 5 pm and at 21:45 hubby collected me from the busstation
Then when I came home tonight I found this:

Happy Valentine's Day!
Well, belated in this case. When you read this, it will be Tuesday. It's the Tuesday where we share a drink at Elizabeth and Bluebeard's T-Party. 
So Happy T-Day all!
Hugs,
Lisca





15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy Valentine's Day and welcome home. So glad you had a chance to visit your sister, too. You got an absolutely beautiful bouquet from your husband. I can tell he missed you.

I also learned a new word today: samovar. Very Russian indeed. Thanks for sharing your postcard, the trip to your sisters, the beautiful palm trees, and your lovely Valentine bouquet with us for T this almost Tuesday (in my world).

kathyinozarks said...

Welcome Home Lisca, and your flowers are gorgeous! such a sweet gift from your husband, and I am thinking he really missed you too-Happy Valentine's Day I loved the postcard-perfect for T
Hugs Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a bit of time with your sister-what a great photo of you on the beach! I cannot wait to get on a beach again.
What a lovely Valentine treat from hubby. Gorgeous flowers! I know he missed you. Rest up, and happy T day!

Mae Travels said...

Happy Valentine Day. A great day to get home to your husband. Very good also to know that your mother is recovering well.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

Are you glad to be back in the warmth? I assume that your mom is doing well and you're probably quite relieved about it. That must have been a lovely walk. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Your Mom must be improving enough for you to be home, which is wonderful news. And it is fun to see the beach where you walked with your sister. It looks beautiful, especially since we are back into the bitter cold at my house. And your hubby must have missed you a lot as that is a beautiful bouquet. I hope you have a good night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. Have a happy T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

The flowers make up for no champagne and will last longer. :) And they are gorgeous! Happy T Day.

Iris Flavia said...

Such a sweet post and no... it can never get too warm! And a walk at the beach is priceless. Looks like all turned out good, that is great, too.
Have a happy T-Day!

nwilliams6 said...

So glad you got to come home for Valentines Day with your hubby. Lovely flowers. Lovely pictures and post card too. Always such interesting things in your post. Thinking of you and your Mother - hope all is going well. Happy T-day and hugz, Lisca.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a gorgeous place for a walk. Stunning view!

Happy T Tuesday

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful postacrds and how lovely to walk along the boardwalk and enjoy those beach views 😁. Glad your mum is doing ok and you got to visit with your sister, I bet your hubby was pleased to see you home and that Valentine's bouquet is so beautiful! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the Russian postcard, really something different. Better too warm than too cold, you visited a lovely place. Good that your mum is doing well. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

A lovely post. Glad you are home safe and sound. It's nice you were able to help your mom and to see your sister. Have a great day today.

CJ Kennedy said...

Glad you arrived home safe and sound. The outing with your sister sounds so nice. A walk among palm trees and no snow. And a gin and tonic, too. Your hubby is so thoughtful to have beautiful flowers waiting for you. Happy T Day

pearshapedcrafting said...

Good that you got to see your sister and had a nice walk too. Returning to those lovely flowers was a real treat too!
Love the post card and stamps.
Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx