Friday 18 February 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 18 February 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello ladies,

How are you all? I'm here to show you a few smiles I had this week. Yes, there were many as always as my husband and I are positive people. Of course receiving postcards is always smile-worthy.

My first postcard (I have two today) comes from the Netherlands:


It's a very old photo of the Dutch royal family. It doesn't give the year but from memory it must be around 1960. From left to right: Princess Beatrix, princess Christina, prins Bernhard, queen Juliana, princess Margaret, princess Irene.
This card was sent to me by someone called Veerle. She uses the standard international stamp but also adds a fun sticker of a lady in Dutch national costume:

She writes that she has an old typewriter and she has typed the address on the card:

Which brings me to my second postcard:

This one comes from Russia. It was sent by Evgeny who lives 500 km south of Moscow. The stamps are the usual Russian stamps, but I like them:
My mum taught me to type with ten fingers. I was allowed to use the family typewriter. It had an extra wide carriage, which was very heavy going.
My dad had brought it home from the office when it was no longer being used. It looked like this:
Sweet memories....

So what has my week been like? Any smiles? Yes, quite a lot. Here are my collages (I don't have any for Friday and Saturday):


I was in Rotterdam keeping an eye on my mother, but she is doing really well so I went home on Sunday. At 8 am I left and walked to the train station, Got the train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam Airport (called Schiphol). The trainstation is beneath the airport. Very convenient. My sister picked me up at Malaga airport and I stayed with her and her husband that night.
The next morning sis and I walked along the boardwalk to Marbella and back (15000 steps). In the afternoon I got the bus back to Baza. When I got home I found an enormous bunch of roses! It was Valentine's Day! 
Tuesday was lovely weather. I bought some boots at the market and a nice blouse in a new boutique in the village.
On Wednesday I baked a cake.
And yesterday we had another hospital visit. The car park is next to the helicopter pad, as you can see on the photo. Hubby has bowel cancer and has to have another operation, (after some more investigations). After our hospital visit we treated ourselves to lunch at a very nice restaurant. I had gambas (prawns) Yummy!
That was my week. As you can see, lots of smiles.
Of course I will leave some funnies at the end.

Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca


















8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's nice to see you are home and that your mom looks SO much better. Nice postcards. I'm still looking for a typewriter I can actually use.

Graham looks good. I hope the operation is a success. I know that has been quite stressful on you.

Cute funnies. Have a great weekend, dear friend.

mamapez5 said...

It must be nice to be home, and feel assured that mum is doing well. You had nice weather in Marbella too I see. It has been lovely here this week, but rain is forecast for tomorrow so I did my washing a day early.
That looks a good tough pair of boots. Just right for all the walking you do.
I hope Graham doesn't have to wait too long for his next operation. Thinking of you both. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see you home again. Loving the stamps from the Netherlands and the Russian ones are exactly as I would expect, very traditional and highly decorated. Looks like you've had a good week. Just the mention of Gambas Prawns brings back memories of times in Spain. Loving the dog funnies though the street names are funny too, love them. Stay safe and have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool with the typewriter(s)!
Love your flask especially! Just got a cook book on lempns, wow this blouse would so fit!
Yay for the smiles!
That Street?! LOL. Örks. You can keep the butt water! Oh, boy, those stairs!
Have a great weekend.

DVArtist said...

A nice post filled with smiles. I am sure Graham is happy to have you home. You and your Sis look alike. Have a very nice day.

Annie said...

It was so good to see your mum was well enough for you to go home. Hope Graham’s surgery is soon and everything goes well for him.
Love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Celtic house said...

Biggest hugs, I hope all goes well with hubby's medical investigations. Your mum looks fab, I hope she is continuing to improve, the walk with your sister sounds fab, have a lovely weekend and week ahead xxx

Spyder said...

Love the funnies...Yep, I can say I've poked the cats food and then he's eaten it!