Friday 11 February 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 11 February 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely girls,

Here I am again. How are you all? 

I am still in the Netherlands where my mother is recovering from a fall. She is having physiotherapy in a special clinic. I visit her every day and she is improving and really wanting to go home (Probably first week of March).

Today is about the things that made us smile this week. Well, spending time with mum and seeing her improving really puts a big smile on my face.

But of course a happy mail-box also makes me smile. Hubby has photographed the cards that I have received and I decided this cartoon (by Gamid Bailiev) of Paul McCartney is smile-worthy. 


I have always been a Beatle fan, right from the beginning. (Drove my parents crazy). Paul was the bass player of the group and he is left handed, so holds his guitar the other way round. He is also the  author/composer (together with John Lennon) of most of their songs. 
The card comes to me by Daria from Belarus. She has used a very beautiful stamp with an artwork by Marc Chagall.

Marc Chagall was a RussianFrench of Belarussian Jewish origin (1887-1985). He took elements of Russian and Belarussian folklore, emerging Russian and French modernism, and did not forget at even one moment to celebrate the visual memory of the Jewish shtetl.

He was born Moishe Shagal and was one of the most longliving artists, falling short of 2 years to be 100 years old. He adopted Russian, and then French citizenship, lived in both countries but also spent almost a decade in the United States, and frequently visited Israel. He experimented with painting, stained glass, tapestries and ceramics. At the same time, he lived through numerous artistic influences and always remained true to himself, to the effect that it’s rare that a Chagall can be taken for the work of someone else.

There is also a sticker on the card. It features a cartoon lion and turtle. Daria writes that it is from a cartoon called 'How the lion and the turtle sang a song'.

One day, while walking, a little Lion named Rrr-meow heard a wonderful song and made friends with Big Turtle, who composed it - At first, they sang this song together several times in different variations, because the Young Lion didn't understand how to sing a song, and Turtle corrected him.
So what have been up to?  
I can't remember what I did on Friday. I was busy doing stuff for my mum. She has been transfered from the hospital to a rehabilition clinic. And has been improving daily.
It's quite comforatble living in mum's apartment. The area she lives in is beautiful. It's a park landscape really.
I have been doing jobs and housework for her in the morning and then at 3 pm I get on public transport to visit her in the clinic. 

She has a gorgeous room. Windows on two sides, a sleeping area and a sitting area. It all looks like a 5 star hotel. Her hairdresser came on Monday and did her hair.
On Tuesday I visited Gouda, which is a ten minute train ride from where mum lives. I will have more photos on my Tuesday blog in a few days time.
My cousin Bert from the north of the country is visiting and we got together with my cousin that lives here.  That was a really special time.

That is it from me. I know I have less collages and not much content, but my mum is doing fine and I have a lot to smile about. Perhaps the biggest smile is the knowledge that I will be going home again on Sunday.

I found a few funnies too this time. (You will see them at the end.)
Now it's time to join Annie at A Stitch In Time. See  you there.

Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



















11 comments:

  1. Hi Lisca, I really enjoyed your post, and sounds like your Mum is doing better every day, and is staying in a lovely place.
    great funnies too Happy Friday Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can imagine you drove your parents nuts. I was with The Sex Pistols, oh, my Dad hated that!
    Cute turtle-lion story.
    Glad you Mum is getting better!

    LOL, the hair. Ingo the other day had a weird one on his eyebrows, it looked hilarious.
    The playlist is a good one, too. Poor Waldo!
    Yes, the last one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I’ve gathered myself and stopped laughing at your funnies I’ll just say how nice it is to know your Mum is doing okay and is in good hands and a good place.
    Stay safe and well yourself Lisca
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that’s what I call a happy post Lisca. I’m so thrilled to hear how well your mum is recovering...she’s made of strong stuff. Your funnies are brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your mum is recovering well. What a lovely place they found for her rehabilitation. I hope you have a safe journey home on Sunday. Your mum will miss you, but at least you have got her home spic and span to go back to as soon as she is ready.
    I too was a Beatles fan, I think partly in defiance against my sister who though Cliff Richard was the only one worth listening to! I had several of their records and even saw them live twice.
    You have obviously enjoyed meeting up with relatives and friends, so you have made some good memories too. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back from walking dogs and it's sunny here but cold. Pleased to see your mum looking so much better. My mum was in a similar rehab. home after she broke her hip and it was so nice I didn't think she would want to go home. loving your funnies, I wonder how many people buy TVs and sofas and then find they are too big! Have a lovely safe journey home. Hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read your mother is better. She looks good. If you are going home on Sunday, who will visit her and bring her home? Surely you can't afford to return to the Netherlands again in March. Looks like you had a productive week and cleaned a LOT for when your mom comes home.

    You found some clever Super Bowl cartoons. The big weekend is nearly on us. Have a super week and a safe trip home, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your mom is doing better. Yes, finding things that make us smile. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those funnies are good, Lisca. I'm still chuckling at the last - it rings so true! Glad your mum is recovering so well and it's a good sign that she's so keen to get home. You seem to be making the most of your time there too. It's good to catch up with family. Safe journey home on Sunday. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that your Mum is doing well, she looks amazing and how lovely for her hairdresser to go and do her hair, I bet she felt better from that alone and having you around must be a real help. I can also imagine how pleased she will be when she gets home to find all the jobs you've got done.

    I'm glad you are also managing to catch up with family whilst you are there and exploring as well.

    Biggest hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a friend Joanne in the Netherlands... don't know what area geographically but she's a crafter too... and gardener
    her blog is http://teatimegardening.blogspot.com/ if you want to see if she's nearby! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete