Friday 3 September 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 3 September 2021 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again at the end of another week and also at the beginning of another month. (hello September!).

My postcard this morning comes from Germany. It is a home-made card with two cats on it:

As far as I can read his handwriting, his cats are called Killmaushie and Minimops.
The stamp is a regular one but what looks like another stamp is in fact a sticker of a cat in a box.


Looking back over the week, it hasn't been a bad week at all. Here are my daily photo collages:


Friday we went out with our friends. We went to a local bar 5 minutes walk from where we live. The weather was warm and balmy and we sat outside (like everyone else). It was lovely. 
We had a light lunch, knowing we would be going out in the evening. I just made an apple/tuna salad.

On Saturday we had a lie-in (of course) and then had a leisurely breakfast out on the patio.
I made my hubby very happy by cooking him a fish pie. (Mr Paul's Pantry)

Hubby has been planting trees and needed some canes, and we chanced upon a lovely garden centre that only sold trees. Just outside the village. We will be back!

Sunday we went to church and relaxed at home in the afternoon. Monday we pottered about the house and did food shopping in the afternoon. All mundane stuff.

On Tuesdays there is market in our village (practically behind our house). I needed some mixed herbs so I popped round to the 'herb man'. He was already packing up, but he rummaged through his bags that were already in the van and came up with this rather big bag of provencal herbs.

We had lunch in our favorite restaurant along the motorway. I had grilled chicken breast. My portion is usually so large that we can take half of it home and I make a chicken curry for the next day!

Wednesday I accompanied my husband to the hospital for his blood test because then we go out for breakfast (As he has had to be nil by mouth). An Andalusian breakfast consists of toasted bread with olive oil, salt and a sauce of tomatoes zapped with a hand blender. 

We also had coffee and orange juice. They have a machine that squeezes oranges. (Most bars have them)
On Thursday we went to the oncologist at the hospital. We got new chemo therapy pills, and an appointment for a TAC scan next month.
I had forgotten something when we did our shopping yesterday, so we popped into Mercadona, a supermarket not far from the hospital.
We also went to our own (village) health center as hubby had discovered a staple in his tummy. So we asked the duty nurse if he could remove it. But our doctor had spotted us, called us into his office and he did it himself. 

That was my week! Have you had a good week? Things to smile about? Let us know, visit Annie at A Stitch In Time and Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

Of course I will print some funnies at the end. Today they are all about libraries. I hope you enjoy them.

Have a lovely weekend and a good week ahead.

Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca























11 comments:

Annie said...

You’ve shared a lovely week. I always enjoy your collages and your funnies made me chuckle... thanks for sharing them.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Lisca
You’ve given me a real giggle this morning with your funnies, they are brilliant.
I’m off to the library later and will show them to the girls.
The pace and contents of your days is so nice and now we are retired (officially the end of September), it’s one I’m going to aspire to.
Enjoy your weekend
Lynn xx

mamapez5 said...

That was nice 'even' week. Poor Graham must feel like a pin cuchion with all the needles he has needed lately, but it is good to see him looking so well.
I love the cat card. My grand-daughter is still obsessed with books which is good to see, and has three cats in her family home, and I have seen her use that "Once upon a time there was...." caption on things.
You didn't mention the horrible hail storm that I saw on your Facebook this week. I hope all your plants recover. I guess this supposed to be a positive post, but I admit I do occasionally include some more negative items as my blog was originally asort of diary for my family back in UK, and they still enjoy reading it, so I like to cover all aspects of life.
I used to love my visits to the library with the boys, and your funnies really made me smile. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Nice to read you had a good week :-)

I once had a blind date with a book.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a cute cat postcard. Very different from the ones you normally get.

Looks like a very good week for you. I swear, Lisca, you eat more in a single day than I eat in three. If I ate as much as you, I'd be as big as a house. I'm always hungry when I leave your blog.

Glad to see Graham looking so well. I hope all his tests were good.

There were some really clever funnies this week. I really enjoyed all of them. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, too.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like someone's rather fond of cats today. We've only just come in as after walking the dogs I decided to stay outside, sort some gardening and pond work and before you know it, it's the afternoon. Loving the funnies there are a lot of people with a great sense of humour I think. Pleased you've had a good week too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

OMGosh Lisca, I had to send your link to friends, the book memes are hilarious. On the other note, I send best wishes to your dh for recovery, and love your food choices!
LeeAnna

Karen said...

Loved all the book related funnies!! very clever thinkers. I'm glad your week went well. Enjoy the weekend!

DVArtist said...

I love seeing what you do all week. Lots of good food, friends, smiles and just a lot of love.

Celtic house said...

Oh you look like you've had another busy week, washing dried in such a short time seems like heaven, I'm still fighting with post holiday washing at the moment, Graham is looking good 8 hope the blood results are positive and glad you got the rogue staple sorted. Have a great Sunday and week ahead

Empire of the Cat said...

I came over to see your library funnies Lisca after you visited me, sorry I am a bit late but I really enjoyed them. I had to laugh at the red books as I often had customers on the phone saying just that lol, but also because I have all my fiction arranged by colour now so I have to remember books by colour now too. Also loved the Batman one and the blind date with a book - wouldn't that be fun! Elle/EOTC xx