Friday 10 September 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 10 September 20221 - Friday Smiles

 

Hello lovely ladies, It's Friday again. This week has flown by! Without further ado, here is the postcard that made me smile. To be able to read the blogs, one must accept all cookies. But here are cookies I'd much rather accept:

It was sent to me by someone called Maike, who is looking forward to the cookie-baking season in Germany (December).
The stamp features the underground station Überseequartier in Hamburg.


Überseequartier is a station on the Hamburg U-Bahn line U4. The station was opened in November 2012[1] and is located in the Hamburg quarter of HafenCityGermany. HafenCity is part of the borough of Hamburg-Mitte. The station code is "UR".


This blog is to highlight the positive thing this week and I must say that I have had another good week. Here are some pictures:
I made tea cakes for the first time, and they were delicious, toasted with butter. (Mr Paul's Pantry).

Saturday is my cleaning day. The whole house is tiled so I do the whole floor on saturday. I also do all the bathrooms. That will keep me out of mischief!

On Sunday there was a church conference outside of town, and a large part of the congregation had gone, including the worship band. So hubby was asked to lead worship. Our friend David was preaching. After the service David and his wife asked if we would like to go out for lunch. We did, and we went. Hubby had a super mega burger!

Mondays are quite mundane. We run errands and do the weekly shopping.

Tuesday we had a light breakfast as we were going out for lunch again. We had fresh fruit with greek yoghurt. I had an egg as well (couldn't resist it!).
The land that forms our view from the window belongs to a friend who lives abroad. He has made us custodians and he wants to repopulate the land with local trees and use the lower flatter areas for vegetables. Another friend is looking after the vegetable side of it and we have contacted a guy who sells trees. He also works in an official capacity for the governmental Environment agency (green uniform similar to the forestry guys).  His name is Sebastian and he has given us a lot of suggestions and advice. He also discovered an ancient threshing floor while we were walking around the estate. We are excited.
We went to our weekend cave house and hubby did some strimming. That needs to be done as it is a fire hazard. Then we had a lovely lunch at our regular place.

On Wednesday I had promised hubby I'd do 'toad-in-the-hole', which is sausages in yorkshire pudding batter in the oven. I also make caramelized onions and add them to the oven dish. I made some mashed potatoes with that and gravy. You can't get any more English than that. It was delicious although I say so myself.
Lots of smiles yesterday. My mystery plant is flowering. I planted some seeds that we found on a walk and look what has come up!
Going to the post office is always worth a smile because there is always something for me. This time it was a small parcel that had arrived.
Dinner today was steak and mushroom in an oriental sauce with chips. (Him indoors did not want rice)
Lastly, I went to the builder's merchant to pay the bill. We have a running tab and once a month I go and pay it all. So that is another smile: no debts.


I'm linking up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.
Have a great weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



(Think Dionne Warwick )
















6 comments:

DVArtist said...

Very nice post. You have had a busy week. But it all sounds so good and fun and joyful. Have a wonderful weekend.

mamapez5 said...

Wow. Eggs from your own chickens. That's wonderful.
I buy those crackers from Lidls too, but I have never thought o put the instant pot on to cook pasta because it is so quick on the stove top. Did you do the sauce in the pot at the same time?
I would have said your mystery plant is a calla lily but that grows from a bulb, not seeds. It looks strong anf healthy anyway.
Your tea cakes look good. They are not something I have made very often but I do always make hot-cross buns which are similar.
Have a good week. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, again :-)
I learn from you.
I think last time I was in Hamburg was 2006?

What do the hens think when the egg desappears? "I make a new one?" I love eggs, don´t get me wrong ;-)
But the thought comes up...
And... do they taste different? Like ... from happy hens that can roam free?

It always sounds strange to me Lidl and Aldi are worldwide now.

I remember the first little stores hee in Germany. Cheap and small.

The chair and it´s designer... Ingo is right, we skip having a cat ;-) The look, ow, too!

LEGO!!!!! Hahaha!

Annie said...

You really look to have had a good week Lisca. Your cooking/baking looks really yummy as does your first own chickens egg. I really love fresh eggs. Your funnies were brilliant.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, looks like you've had a another good week. The funnies are brilliant and pleased to see your chickens are doing their thing. The houses they are knocking down near us are quite old but not in bad repair, the council compulsory purchased them to gain access to the land to build affordable homes, houses flats and bungalows. The only problem people have that live around there is that this is Floodplain land and is surrounded by a lot of water. You may be aware that most of Lincolnshire is very low lying and this area where we live is about 8 and a bit metres above sea level so the land is important to help prevent flooding and there are lots of dikes around too. We are far enough back that we will only just be able to see them when they're built but we just hope the council know what they are doing. Sadly it doesn't look as though they have any plans to reuse anything as at the moment they are just smashing them to pieces. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Celtic house said...

Oh you look like you've had a great week, with fabulous cooking as always including a toad in the hole, I bet that free range egg was delicious to eat. The threshing floor sounds amazing, a bit of history for the area, I assume it won't affect your tree repopulation plan.

Hope you have a brilliant weekend and week ahead.

Hugs