Friday 8 March 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 8 March 2019 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely peeps,
How are you all? It's Friday again, when we share a few smiles from this week. 

One of the good things this week is that it has finally rained! We live in a very dry area. It only rains a few times a year. And it did so on Wednesday, it also was blowing a gale and it was not nice I can tell ya. But we need the rain, so I say: Praise the Lord!

Here are a couple of postcards I received recently. The first, very colourful one is from The Netherlands. It comes from Mariella and she sends me some yummy fruit tartlets/cakes. Very pretty . Some have mauve flowers on them. I wonder if those are edible...
The second card is from Germany. It shows a map of the north west of Germany called Ost Friesland. It looks like a cartoon and has some really funny features when you start looking. Friesian cows who play ping pong amidst the cow pats. Hilarious! It was sent to me by Melanie who has decorated the back of the card with stickers and washi tape.
What have I been doing this week?  Thursday is usually the day I spend in my craft room. Last Thursday I spent time doing pocket letters. I finished a rainbow pocket letter. Every pocket had a different colour. I can 't show you yet until the recipient has received it. The other pocket letters that i have sent last week have not arrived yet either, (any day now, I'm sure) so that will be for another time. 
I did make another scrapbook lay-out:
This is me and Carmelina, my bestie in Italy. We have been best friends since 1979, when I met her on the maternity ward where we both worked. The photo is from 2016. The journaling is under the top left corner.

Thursday (28th of Feb) was also Andalucia Day, a public holiday here. Kate has already shared some of the activities in her village. Our village had more modest things lined up (no tourists). There was of course flamenco music. This little quartet was playing in the park and the neighbourhood came out in force to watch and listen. 


Then the past weekend there were lots of Carnaval's activities and parades and competitions. There was a fancy dress competition for children and for adults. I can't show you any of the children but the adults were quite fun too. I didn't stay long enough to see who won...
What do you think of Ken and Barbie?
These guys look like they are cassette tapes, although I don't 'get' the head dress and the Bic pens...
I don't know what these ladies are meant to represent. As I have no TV and don't go to the cinema, I have no idea.
But chocolate I do understand! Everyone does! Don't they look yummy!

This child I can show you. It is none other than my grandson Luciano in Italy. His mum kindly sent me this photo of him dressed up as a knight in shining armour. When I saw him I cried out: Ivanhoe!
This is giving away my age I suppose...
That's all from me this week. I'm going over and link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and also to Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday. 
And of course I have some funnies lined up at the end.
Have a lovely weekend,

Hugs,
Lisca








9 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a busy week, Lisca. Carnival is BIG there, isn't it? I am glad you shared the photos. Sadly, I had no idea who those people are, either, but the "hats" on the cassette tape people look like broken tape to me. And many of us have tried to repair or straighten those old tapes using a Bic pen (but with the help of the lid) in the holes.

    Two fabulous postcards today. I really liked the one from Germany, but the tarts looked good, too. Yes, as long as you don't use any pesticides either on the flowers or allow it to get into the roots through the dirt, many flowers are edible.

    I LOVED that first funny today. Hope you have a great Friday and super weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that is a lovely scrapbook page, and whatever made me write "lid" instead of "cap" is beyond me. Chalk it up to it's my bed time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisca the dressed up adults really did make me smile...they really do know how to party over there don't they? I really love seeing all you and Kate share about life in Spain.
    Your funnies never fail to make me smile...thanks for sharing.
    We had planned to have a trip out in the Motor Home this weekend but the weather is supposed to be wet and very windy so think it will be another weekend now. We do have days out using it often though and really love life on the road now....so does Milly :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely post, your town's celebration looked great, the tape ones were definitely broken tape head dresses and the bic pens were what we used to write on the cassettes with.

    I love all the other costumes, but I too am confused with the red and white ensemble.

    Your grandson is very cute, he looks brilliant dressed up, definitely worthy of a scrapbook layout!

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some more fun postcards and I like your layout.
    You are mistaken in thinking our village has tourists. We don't. There may be some in Mojacar, though not that many and a high percentage of summer visitors come from Madrid, but in our village it is still very traditional, and many of the folk never leave its boundaries. There are only a small number of English people right in the village, though many more live in the urbanisation across the main road, and are a part of Los G. Día de Andalucía is fairly low key here too but the Spanish folk never miss an opportunity to dance! Our carnival is tomorrow, but again it is a fairly simple affair but I like to see everyone dressing up. There are some very imaginative costumes in your photos. A lovely photo of your little grandson too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca. You always seem to have such interesting things going on where you live whereas I have a job at the moment finding anything that you will all find interesting. The postcards are lovely and the funnies great too. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your postcards are always enjoyable to see. I like the cartoon style of the second one. Lovely artwork and wonderful photos. I didn't get some of those costumes, either. But definitely the chocolate ones were understandable. The funnies made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy weekend Lisca. I enjoyed seeing your latest crap page and the photos from Andalucia Day and Carnival. We don't have any of that here and it is always fun to see photos from where people do celebrate. Hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy and fun week-love your latest postcards, and enjoyed all of the photos-great funnies too-Hugs and have a great new week Kathy

    ReplyDelete