Friday 22 March 2019

A Postcard A Daay - Friday 22 March 2019 - Friday Smiles



Good morning lovely ladies,
How are you all? I hope you are smiling, as there is always something to smile about. 
I had happy mail in the form of some postcards. They always make me smile. This (rather strange) card comes from China. It was sent by Pinkie who lives in Wuxi Jiangsu (near Shanghai). She says the card shows her favorite cartoon.
The stamps are gorgeous. The left two have what looks like fireworks and I imagine they represent the Chinese New Year (But that's just a guess). And the stamp on the right has two children with rucksacks enjoying a beautiful view.
 The second card is the cover illustration of an old book. It is Punch and Judy (1942).
 Punch and Judy is a puppet show really, but someone must have written a book with stories about Punch and Judy. I went on the net and found a few more illustration from the book:

The card was sent to me by Pranab from India. There is a slogan printed on the back of the card: 'There is nuffin like a Puffin!'.
The stamp shows my favorite animal the turtle/tortoise. I find them fascinating. They look so pre-historic. If only they could talk...

This week the weather has not been so good. Just as well we made the best of it last week. We ate outside last Sunday and hubby cooked some pork chops on the BBQ.
  I had made a salad and we had this with some slices of home-made brown bread. Yumm!

Yesterday was my 'play-day' when I disappear into my craft room and 'play' all day. I did two more Pocket Letters. I can't show you those yet but I'm going to show you the ones I made a couple of weeks ago, which have now been received. 

This one went to someone called Lucie who lives in Hungary.
 The second one went to Zoey in the UK.
But I have not received anything back. They were private swaps (outside the group). So I don't think I will do that again.

As usual I will put some funnies at the end for you to chuckle at.

I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Lisca







10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Friday and weekend. I always enjoy your postcards-and the stamps were really awesome this week too.
so nice you were able to bbq we are finally getting some warmer weather. great funnies too hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your postcards are fabulous this week, Lisca. I so enjoyed both. I especially liked the Punch and Judy, because I have heard of them before. The postage stamps were incredible, but when I saw that tortoise, I KNEW you were going to be a very happy person.

Those pocket pages are lovely. Too bad you haven't heard from either person in the private swap. Perhaps the letters are on their way now. Sometimes the PO can be quick as you can tell, and sometimes very slow. Regardless, I like what you have created.

LOVED the funnies. Seems you may be missing Precious, because the three of us (Bleubeard, Squiggles, and me) thought they were purry loaded with cat friendly smiles this week.

Have a super Friday and weekend, too, dear.

Lynn Holland said...

How lovely to see blue skies and sit outside to eat. Roll on the warmer weather in north west UK. The postcards and stamps are lovely this week Lisca and so are your pocket letters
Have a lovely weekend
Lynn x

Annie said...

Great minds think alike eh? Loved the latest post cards and your pocket letters are really gorgeous....hope the ones coming your way turn up soon.
You asked about Sam's badges, as far as I know the blue one is for his ability when skiing and clockwise from there they are..
Cooking
Explore activity badge
Photography badge
Disability awareness badge [not blowing bubbles out of your bum as I suggested :-) ]
Collector activity badge
Communicator activity badge
They only get the badges every half term and have to tick many boxes to get each one....Sam is keen and does lots at home with his mummy.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful postcards and stamps on them. The food looked delicious. Your artwork is lovely. The funnies made me laugh. I especially liked the purricane.

My name is Erika. said...

You've had a nice outside meal before the weather turned on you Lisca. This looks really good. We are back into winter again today-ugh. Spring will get here sooner or later. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm tying to get round everyone before I start the packing but will pop back hopefully for a better look at what you've been up to this week. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi again. It's a bit of a Busman's holiday as we were both teachers before we retired and the hotel faces a school also we often find ourselves taking children on the lifts for the instructors as there are so many little ones than one instructor can manage. Hope that explains. Angela xXx

Virginia said...

Ah lovely postcards from different places, I always love the stamps. I'm glad you made the most of your weather, ours was supposed to be fine, dry and sunny today but it has been decidedly overcast!

mamapez5 said...

I always find your postcards interesting and the stamps are lovely.
I love the pocket letters. They are a new idea to me. They are a bit like nine of the ATCs I used to swap, all on one page.
We haven't eaten outside so much this week either, and today we have light drizzle which is unusual. Normally when it rains, it does it properly!
I think we were all amused by the doctor's receptionist cartoon. I kept it to use and forgot, and then found both Annie and you have posted it. I like all the cats too. Kate x