Monday 7 January 2019

A Postcard A day - Tuesday 8 January 2019 - T for Tuesday traveling, board games, pancakes and presents


Good Morning, let your day begin with a smile.

Hi folks! 
Welcome to the T-Party hosted by Elisabeth and Bluebeard. And here I am with my blog about my life in Spain, postcards, good food and an occasional scrapbook page (note to self: start doing scrapbooking again).
And because this is T for Tuesday, I will have a beverage in the blog. You will find it at the end.

But first my postcards: The first one is a card specially made for a Postcrossing meeting in Finland. All over the world Postcrossers organize meetings in their country and this one was in Finland. There are more than 17000 Postcrossers in Finland (twice as much as in Spain) but only a small number will be able to travel to the meeting.

The stamps were lovely too:

The second postcard comes from Russia and has a food theme. I always like to know what people cook and eat in other countries. This one did not have any information on it but it looks like pancakes with caviar, although on the one occasion that I have eaten caviar, it was black...


I
If you have followed my blog, you will know that we have spent Christmas and New Year in Holland. We had a very quiet and relaxing holiday.
I managed to get a travel version of the board game Sequence. So on New Year's eve we taught my cousin how to play and spent part of the evening having fun with it.
After spending two weeks in the Netherlands with my mother, hubby and I have now returned to Spain. Oh it is so good to see the sun again.  Holland is lovely, but (like England) the skies are always grey. 
As we were queueing to board the aircraft, we saw these cute chairs:
After I took the picture, a couple with a baby placed their child on the chair and took pictures too. Nobody sat in them while we were there.

There were several parcels to collect when we got home and we had fun opening these lovely gifts from our children.



Some of our Danish friends were still in our village (they live next door to us but can only come for the holidays as they are younger than we are and have jobs to go to.). So Saturday night we had a meal together. 

I'm drinking wine as usual and the lady taking the picture (pink drink) is drinking Tinto de Verano which is red wine and lemonade (translated it means summer red wine).

Today we are eating at a restaurant again and then tonight we are finally going to do some food shopping. We came home Saturday, went out in the evening and forgot to do shopping. Sunday everything is closed here. When I wanted to go shopping on Monday, it turns out the shops are closed again as Epiphany (THree Kings) was on Sunday, so they have their day off on Monday. We have been raiding the freezer and baking bread etc. 

Now I am ready for some fresh fruit and veg.

That is it from me today.
Wishing you all a happy T-Day,
Lisca

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a such a lovely holiday but given the weather I'd be happy to be back in Spain with the sun and blue skies too:) You always have such interesting postcards and stamps to share and I enjoy seeing them. My French family will be celebrating the three kings day with a special cake/bread too. Enjoy! Happy New Year and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post about your holidays. I always enjoy reading about your postcards-are you going to the big postcard event?
    here in the states I think the grocery stores are always open-but may close on christmas day.
    Your baked bread looks awesome Happy T Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing about your holidays! That bread looks amazing.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've enjoyed playing Sequence in the past. I see chairs like that in shops sometimes, and they look like fun but like they'd take up a lot of space. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation, but it's always good to be back home, isn't it :) I'd be happy with your bread. Yummmm! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed Christmas in Holland. Your cards are lovely. But I'm sure it's good to be back home again. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful postcards and stories as always.

    It must be wonderful to go to Holland and then back home to the beautiful Spanish sunshine. It looks to be a holiday everyday there

    Have a very happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home, Lisca. It's great that you had a lovely holiday with your mother and cousin. I've never played Sequence or even heard of it. It looks like your husband had fun.

    I have a good internet friend who lives and works at a major Uni in Finland, so I immediately recognized the flag. I've not seen red/pink caviar either, but I know there are/is more than one kind. I found a photo of one here: https://www.aspoonfulofcaviar.co.uk/?attachment_id=73

    Wow, your bread looks wonderful. Kathy is right. In the states, our grocery stores never close, except possibly Christmas day. However, we have places called "convenience stores" that sell gas, food, etc.. The "food" isn't particularly healthy, but meant for people on the go. Your frozen food was probably healthier, because I've never seen anything "fresh" in one of those stores.

    Great that your Danish friends were there when you got home and you had a lovely meal, too. Thanks for sharing your postcards, your holiday, your bread, and your food and wine with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas break with your family in Holland, it sounds a good game as well although I really don't know about it. Your meal with friends when you got home sounds good as well.
    Freezers are really useful, I think we take them a bit for granted these days, but when shops close we always have food handy.
    Happy T day wishes Lisca.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a lovely holiday that continues on into 2019. I want some of that bread with butter and jelly right now. It would taste great for my breakfast right now. :) Those chairs are really cool. I like the decorations on them. But I wonder how comfortable they are and how easy to get in and out of they are. But they are unique. Hope its a fantastic T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading about your holiday. In the end "there's no place like home" though. The Postcrossing card is very colorful. It must be fun for collectors to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to spend time with your family in Holland and it looks like you had fun playing the board game too 😁. Your postcards are beautiful and you look so happy opening your presents, returning home to these gifts must have been wonderful! Wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you spent your holidays with your family, nothing can compare to it.
    Your post cards are always so interesting.
    I've not heard of the game Sequence, but it looks like something I'd enjoy.
    Those chairs were beautiful, would love to have a couple of them.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post, Lisca, with lots of fun pictures of you and friends. Quite a contrast to last year when you traveled so far only to be sick as a dog. It must have seemed doubly fun.

    Living where I do, I can relate to the almost random closing of shops. There are always reasons such as a death in the family or some feast day like 3 Kings, but they still catch me by surprise sometimes. I'm glad you had stuff in the freezer!

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the postcards. I as well love seeing what other cultures eat. Holland sounds like fun, with the exception of the gray weather. And i LOVE those chairs.
    I am going to have to check out that game Sequence. We are always up for new games.
    The bread looks delicious and the company sounds delightful.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete