Tuesday 13 June 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 13 June 2023 - T for Tuesday re-written

Hello lovely ladies. I hope you are all well.
Some of you might know that I love photography and the card I am showing you today is a real photo and it's very atmospheric, don't you think?
It comes from Lithuania.

From what I understand, it is a photo  taken from the Vilnius Exhibition of Photography Museum from February until June 2018.

Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania, one of the Baltic states.



The stamp is large (and green):


Paparčio žiedas - The fern flower - In the Estonian, Lithuanian and Latvian tradition, the fern flower is supposed to appear only on the night of 23 to 24 June during the celebration of the summer solstice. The celebration has pre-Christian origins. In addition to the idea that the finder of the fern flower will become rich or happy, here, the fern flower is sometimes perceived a symbol of fertility. During this supposedly magical night, young couples go into the woods "seeking the fern flower", which is most commonly read as a euphemism for sex. Source Wikipedia

In reality ferns don't have flowers. Ferns have spores instead of seeds, which means they don’t need fertilización.

Today is T for Tuesday hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard. I’m still on my travels but the day before we left, my friend Ineke treated her friends to a lovely al fresco lunch at a restaurant on the harbour front.

I had been there before but on that occasion we sat inside, but this time the weather was glorious so we could sit outside.


We had oysters. I know not every one likes oysters, but I do.



Of course as it’s T-Day, I will also show you what we drank:
A festive bottle of bubbly!

My sister took this photo of my friend and I ( and Roxy the dog) outside the restaurant. By the time you will read this, we’ll be well into Italy.
That’s all from me today,
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca




2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's still the same problem, Lisca. Sorry to tell you it didn't help.

CJ Kennedy said...

As Elizabeth said your post is a bit jumbled. I did enjoy reading about the fern flower and seeing your oysters (I've never had them) and champagne. Bubbly wine is so festive. Happy T Day and have a safe trip.