Friday 9 June 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 9 June 2023 - Friday Smiles

 

Hello lovely ladies,

Here I am again today to think back on the smiles of the week. I have a lot to smile about but lets show you my postcard for today:


Indian star tortoise:
The Indian star tortoise is a threatened tortoise species native to India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka where it inhabits dry areas and scrub forest. It has been listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List since 2016, as the population is thought to comprise more than 10,000 individuals, but with a declining trend. Wikipedia



Leopard tortoise:
The leopard tortoise is a large and attractively marked tortoise found in the savannas of eastern and southern Africa, from Sudan to the southern Cape. It is the only extant member of the genus Stigmochelys, although in the past, it was commonly placed in Geochelone. Wikipedia

The stamps are pretty stamps from Finland. The butterfly is a sticker.



As most of you know I have started my travels. I’ve been in Holland to celebrate my mum’s 99th birthday.

I’m sharing my smiles this Friday (as every Friday) with Annie at AStitch In Time. And there were many smiles! We had a lovely day with family.


Here mum is taking a phone call.

I took some photos in the shopping centre just outside mum’s apartment:

It’s a small street organ. We could hear the music from upstairs. Of course in the old days there would have been a real monkey on the organ.

I also spotted this restaurant on my travels:
Can you read it? That put a smile on my face!

“Not eating meat is a missed steak”, is obviously a steakhouse.

That’s it from me today. As always, I have some funnies at the end. When you read this we will be somewhere in Germany and I don’t know when I will be able to comment. But at least I’m determined to post this.

Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca








Crocheted blankets as sun shades in Malaga.


























11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That postcard is PERFECT for you, Lisca. I am sure you loved it. Germany? You and your sis? Wow, that is some holiday. Had to look twice at the monkey grinder. I thought they were real at first. SO glad your mother had a good birthday. I am sure it made her day to have both of you there. Laughed at the restaurant. Not a missed steak for me, thank you!!

You found some great funnies. The one with the scissors was cute and I wonder if Helen would like the one of the guy with all the cameras. I really enjoyed all of them except the one of the girl who thinks she's a boy. Seems a real problem here in the states. Our country is divided over allowing a person to say "gay," and transgender children living in some states are not allowed to start their transgender process until they are 18.

Enjoy your time away, dear.

Annie said...

I enjoyed the photos of you with your mum...I hope she had a lovely birthday. Enjoy your travels. Love your funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I am glad your mum had such a good day on her birthday. Now you have safe travels and really enjoy yourself.
I love the crocheted sunshade in Malaga.Catch up with us when you can. Kate X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, I'm a bit late today as I walked the dogs and then went to the hairdressers but still feeling a bit weary after my cold. It's still here but I'm past the awful unexpected sneezing and coughing. Loving the new postcard and stamps and the photos of your mum too. Your mum looks so good for her age. Enjoyed the funnies too. I love the one of the little girl and her mum, shame there aren't more mothers like her! Wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful tortoises and a big yay on your Mum´s Birthday.
Love the missed steak and wow to the beautiful crocheted blankets. Such a happy sight!
Enjoy your travels :-)

My name is Erika. said...

I can't get to comments on your T day post Lisca, but since I'm here i read this post and will combine my comments. It looks like you're having a lovely road trip and having a lot of fun too. And I liked seeing your mom's photos. She must have been thrilled to have you and your sister there to celebrate her birthday. have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

This is the only place I can comment. Your blog is mixed up today! appy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

HiLisca, I couldn’t read all of your post but pleased to hear your Mum had a good Birthday loved the crochet blankets. Always love the funnies
Happy T Day. Jan S

nwilliams6 said...

Hello Lisca. I couldn't comment on your newer post so commenting here for T-day. I love oysters too. Great pictures. Have fun in Italy!!! Love to see pictures of your Mom and our travels. That picture of that man with the cameras is so cool. Happy T-day and hugz

My name is Erika. said...

I wonder why it didn't work this time either. Maybe it's blogger being weird. Smile. hugs again-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

I always enjoy the pictures of your mom. Whereabouts in Germany are you traveling? My daughter who lives in Münster told me it's really hot threre right now. I hope you continue to enjoy your travels.