Friday 16 June 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 16 June 2023 - Friday Smiles Moldovan wine and composer

 


Hello lovely girls, 
My postcard today comes from Moldova. The postcard features a vinyard called Purcari:
I can hear you think, Moldova?.... I didn't know where it was either, but since many years, one of my friends' daughter has a Moldovan boyfriend (He lives in Spain). His native tongue is Rumanian (Which is a Roman language) so he learnt Spanish very quickly. He used to talk about his country. It's not very big:


The Château is again known to the whole world for its premium wines, which have received awards and praise from international competitions like Decanter, Challenge International du Vin, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, International Wine and Spirit Competition as well as the legendary patronage of the royal court of Great Britain.

Château Purcari continues to be a pleasant oasis on the frontier of Europe.
The vineyard is right at the 'heel' of Moldova.

The stamps are interesting:


The man on the left stamp is Mihail Berezovschi. I looked him up:

Mihail Berezovschi was born into a family of priests in Căplan, Cetatea Albă county. He studied at the Theological Seminary in Chisinau, during 1880-1890, later continuing his music studies at the Academic Conservatory in Saint Petersburg.

He was ordained a priest at the church "St. Archangels" from Chisinau (1890-1892) and later worked as a full professor at the Archbishop's Cathedral (from 1892). He also held the position of deputy director of the Cathedral choir (1892), being appointed first conductor in 1904.


After 1918, when the Republic of Moldova united with Romania, he became a full professor at the Conservatory of Music in Chisinau.


He was a founding member of the Society of Romanian Composers, as well as a member and vice-president of the Central Committee of the Music Association "Cântecul Bessarabiei".

He is appointed within the Orthodox Church, participating with the choir he led in the historical events that marked the union of 1918. 

What’s happening here in Spain? I don’t know, because I am now in Italy! I’m on a road trip with my best friend Ineke in her camper van. 



We first drove to Valkenburg, in the south-east tip of the Netherlands, where my friend’s sister lives. We went out for a meal in the evening and had the most delicious salads. ( and a gorgeous view).

I had a smoked salmon salad and my friend had a fresh tuna salad.

This is the bag that hung in the hallway:

It made me smile.

Below is the lovely dog that is travelling with us. She is called Roxy. She’s really sweet.


I hope you have all had something to smile about this week. 

That’s it from me. I’m going to link up with Annie at A Stitch in Time. Please pay her a visit with your smiles too.

Have a lovely weekend,

Hugs,

Lisca











Who remembers the following song? ( oh, the words are different? Just sing it any way)








4 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Have a wonderful time in Italy. It is good to have a friend to travel with.
Your piece about Moldova was interesting. I could not have placed it on the map so I learned something new from you.
yes I sang along with your funny and it is so true in many ways. Enjoy your trasvels. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

I never expected Moldova near Ukraine... interesting. Oh, Italy! Have fun with your friend - and keep pics coming :-)
The phone booths really are a bit of a surprise.
Happy traveling, hugs

Annie said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful holiday...enjoy your travels. I loved the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Two years ago I would NOT have known where Moldova was. But once Ukraine got into the war with Russia, it showed how some of the people in the east, including Odesa, fled to Moldova instead of Poland. I enjoyed reading about the wines and winery. Nice stamp, too.

For some reason, I thought you and your sister were traveling together. So nice to know it is your friend and her adorable dog. Enjoy yuor time in Italy, dear.

I have NO idea what song that is, but I LOVED the cat jokes. It's true about the water, but not MY cats. They want cold fresh water throughout the day. They DO want in and out of the office all day long, though. Enjoy your time away, dear.