Tuesday 1 November 2022

A Postcard A Day / Tuesday 1 November 2022 / T for

 Hello lovely girls,

How are you all? Recovered from the Halloween celebrations? They have started celebrating Halloween here in  Spain too. The children get to dress up. (Any excuse to dress up) and there is a parade and a competition. I have just been out for a drink with some friends who have small children and there is a bouncy castle and loud music and the children are having fun. There is face painting and a lot of children are dressed up. Great fun. Of course I do not agree with the whole Halloween concept. One should not make fun of the forces of evil. OK, lets not go there. Once I start going...

Anyway, I am here to show you a card, and a drink for the T-Party and to tell you how things are going here in the K household.

Here is the card (and the drink):

This is a postcard that comes to me from Pennsylvania. A lady called Mary wrote to me and said that when she thinks of Spain, she thinks of wine. And she sent me this card with wine glasses. Very nice. Cheers Mary!

The stamp is the round flower stamp. Not the orange one this time but a pink flower.

As it is the T-Party today, hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard, my postcard will also qualify as a drink.

The weather is still very dry out here and we have been having bush fires. The photos below have been taken near where our cave house is, but we are not there at the moment.
 It is near our 'weekend' home. 

But it is still scary.

Hubby continues to be very ill. At least now with the Morphine we have the pain under control. 

Some friends from church who run an ice cream parlor in the summer, have turned on their machinery to make hubby a tub of ice cream (when they heard he could have some).
They closed the shop at the end of September but they were happy to turn on their machine again especially and make us some vanilla ice cream.

And hubby really enjoyed the taste of it!


My sister and her husband came for a couple of days:
We went for a drink so this is another qualifier for the T-Party. (Although our glasses are empty).



That is about it for today. Wishing you all a happy T-Day!

Keep smiling,

Hugs,

Lisca



14 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The ice cream makers are very kind to make a special batch for your husband. You and he are in my thoughts.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

How nice that your friends made a special ice cream for your hubby, that was a good deed. Glad you are getting some visitors. I know how hard things must be for you just now, sending hugs and prayers 🙏❤️. Stay strong, Valerie

jinxxxygirl said...

Hi Lisca, i have been missing for a few weeks and have just spent some time catching up.. I cannot bring myself to imagine being in your position.. You and hubby are in my thoughts. I'm so glad family and friends have been able to come visit.. My whole heart goes out to you.. Many many hugs.. deb

Let's Art Journal said...

So kind of your friends to visit and make that tub of ice-cream for your hubby, that's so thoughtful 😊. I'm glad he has medication so he's not in too much pain, I often think of you both and hope you are doing ok. So lovely to receive the beautiful postcard too and that fire looks very scary too. Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

How sweet in several ways :)

I've always been a Halloween observer but have never made fun of the forces of evil. You're right that doing that can't end well.

Happy T Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

The best thing is ice cream and the wonderful friends you and Graham have. Blessing my friend.

Empire of the Cat said...

How nice of your friends to make the ice cream, that's so kind of them. You and your sister look very alike. Hope you are safe from those bush fires, thinking of you both. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

CJ Kennedy said...

So nice of your friends to make the ice cream for your husband. Wow, those fires! Take care. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Lisca. I never thought about Halloween that way before. For me it has always been costumes, masks, and treats from and to friends. Nice to get a different POV.

What a fun postcard. I know how much you like wine, too.

It was great that the friends who run the ice cream shop made a special batch for Graham. It shows how much he is loved in the community. It was also great to see your sister while she visited you. As always, you BOTH are in my thoughts. I am so glad Graham has the pain medication he needs right now.

Thanks for sharing your postcard, your sister's visit, the ice cream makers, and your drinks with is for T this Tuesday, dear.

Kate Yetter said...

That plane going down looks scary.
How wonderful that your friends brought ice cream especially made for your hubby. He looks to be enjoying it.
You and your sister look so much a like. That is so nice that she was able to come for a visit.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Carola Bartz said...

Dear Lisca, I haven't been in blogland for a while and when I started reading your post I knew that I had to get back a few posts to catch up. I can't even put in words what I want to say, so let me just say that I think of you and Graham. I wish you much much strength. It looks like you both have a strong faith and this will certainly help you. Your family and friends are awesome - Graham is loved by so many. I will keep you and Graham in my thoughts.

kathyinozarks said...

sorry I am late for T our fiber all went down-phone-internet-tv late monday night just got hooked back up. so playing catch up now hugs from the lake.
that is so special that they made ice cream for your husband-so very sweet. Still prayers for you both and your family scary about the fire nearby-be safe Kathy

pearshapedcrafting said...

A very apt postcard. I love those round flower stamps! How kind of your friends to make a special icecream for hubby - he does look as though he's enjoying it! Great that the meds are sorted. So pleased that your sister could visit. I hope the fires are put out soon. As you can see I'm on catch up after our trip away, Very belated T Day wishes, hugs, Chrisx

Celtic house said...

How lovely of the ice cream makers, sending you both hugs xxx