Friday 11 November 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 11-11-22 -Friday Smiles

 


Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again at the end of another week. Our week has been steady, not much change, and that is in itself a positive. Today we are gathering all our positive moments and smiles and link in with Annie at A Stitch In Time. 

First off is a postcard I received (that is always worth a smile):

The card features the front page of a Ladybird book, from a series 'Lives of the great scientists'.
The stamps are really lovely:

There are pears on the left and roses on the right and in the middle is a plant I haven't had time to look up. I'm sure somebody will tell me.

Here in the Kay household we have had a lot of smiles in spite of hubby being so ill. Monday our eldest son arrived. He has a medical condition that he can only eat certain things, so I took him shopping in the big supermarket in town. Then hubby said he wanted to come along for the ride. So he got dressed and off we went.
Said son works from home so he can work from here too. He stays at the top floor, which is a self contained flat, so he can work in peace. But tomorrow (Saturday) he is flying home again.

The next photo is 
Alfonso, a lad that we know here in the village. He has gone to New York to run the Marathon this past  weekend. He has not returned yet, but he will get a hero's welcome, I'm sure.

Last weekend our friend David came to help hoover out the wood burner and sweep the chimney tubes. Hubby was there just to give instructions so-say. Of course those two are best buddies, so a good chat was had by both of them.


That is all from me today. I will add some funnies and 'thinkies' at the bottom.

Now heading over to Annie. Have a lovely weekend,

Hugs,
Lisca


















7 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Bitter-sweet post. Gather as much fun as you can, I wish you many more good moments. Hugs.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It was so good to see Graham out and about for a while and your son able to visit too. Loving the new stamps and the bit about loving sleep...well that's me all over! Have a good weekend all of you. Sending hugs, Angela xxx

mamapez5 said...

It is good to see Graham able to go to the supermarket with you, and to supervise the log burner cleaner! He still smiles but I can see how thin wnd weak he is getting. Enjoy those moments you can still do things together. It must have been nice to have your son out with you for a while. I know how tough it must be for you but you are being strong, in public anyway. Be sure many of your friends are holding you in their prayers. Kate x

Annie said...

It's so good to see you are still able to enjoy quality time together. You are often in my thoughts. Sending you lots of love.
Hugs,
Annie x

Elizabeth said...

It's been a very long time since I've visited you, Lisca, and a lot has happened. I'm so sad to read how ill your husband is but it is good that you are able to have him home and enjoy some quality time together. You are both in my thoughts now. Elizabeth x

Celtic house said...

It's good to see your hubby still having positive and bright days, I hope they continue for you both xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting, Lisca. SO glad to see Graham up and out and about. I am sure he enjoyed his time with his son, too.

The .32 stamp is very old. To let you know how old it is, after .32 came .33, then .34, then .37, which we had for several years. Next was .40, 42, .44 and finally our Forever stamps. Looks like these .32 stamps were issued in the mid 1990s.