Friday 28 October 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 28 October 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely girls, how's life? Here things are continuing without much change. Hubby is stable. On painkillers, still able to 'stagger' to the toilet with his zimmer frame. 

Today I have two cards to show you (as I have quite a pile to get through). Both make me smile.

I do love windows and doors. The above card comes to me from Russia. The sender, called Yulia, was reminiscing about her holiday in Santorini, Greece. 

The stamps are very beautiful, especially the roses.

The second card was sent to me by a person who lives in Switzerland on the border with Italy. 

That sort of scene makes me smile.

All hubby's children have been able to visit and on Sunday there was an overlap and all three of them were here. Hubby and I have been married for more than 30 years so the children are like my own.

Here we are having real quality time together. What a privilege! We really had some fun together.

Things are moving slowly, which is good as many people can come and say their goodbyes. 


I don't think I have much more to say today. Today my sister and her hubby will come for a day (and a night). I'm looking forward to that.

Now I'm going over to Annie at A Stitch In Time. Please join us with your smiles.

Of course I have some funnies for you at the end and if you have already seen them, them I'm sure you will forgive me (this time...,lol)

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



















10 comments:

DVArtist said...

I love the photos. I know this is a very difficult time for all of you. But laughter is the best thing. Making memories. Many blessing and much love.

kathyinozarks said...

So good the family can be there together-I agree with above comment-laughter is good. hugs and prayers

Iris Flavia said...

Good you all can laugh together.
I remember we did that, too, with our Mum.
But, oh. Glad you stay so positive. I wish you strength to carry on and have some more laughter.

You are so strong.

The thoughts-article is so true.
As the Pampers-thing.
The vet-ones are so true, too.

I wish you many a smile. Hugs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Both postcards are beautiful and I know the door made you really smile.

What beautiful memories you are building. And you have photos to remember the time, too. Laughter is good and I see Graham is always laughing or smiling. Please take care of YOU, dear. You are the main person in this program you have set yourself up to accept. As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

LOVED the vet jokes and the faces, which is so true!

mamapez5 said...

So glad you had some good family time. It is great to see you all laughing together.
I love the blue front door card, and the beautiful stamps.
Although I have seen a couple of them before, your memes still made me smile. blessing to you both. Kate x

Annie said...

Love the family photo. I hope you manage to share lots of quality times together and Graham is kept painfree.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's so good to see you all having time together and seeing Graham happy to be able to spend time with his family. I read the bit about dogs and medication. We have never had that problem as long as you wrap the tablet up with Dolcelatte cheese as dogs can't resist it so that's a tip from me. Hope you have a nice time with your sister. Love to you both x Angela x

Celtic house said...

Sending you both much love and prayers I hope you get to spend more time together with Graham pain free, enjoy your visitors much love xxxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I do love to see a window with flowers on the sill. The 'putting on a brave face' photo of you shines with love and I really love those fun photos of you all! Great funnies, especially the teen one! Hugs, Chrisx

Rostrose said...

Dear Lisca, I read about your sick husband and I read "say their goodbyes", that sounds sad, but at the same time I see many happy looking faces, your husband is beaming too... I think you all have found a good way to deal with the inevitable... I'm glad you had real quality time with all hubby's children.
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/10/lebenszeichen-herbstimpressionen.html
PS: You asked me in a comment if my rainbow scarf was crocheted by myself - yes it is :-)